Urgent.

I am in an extremely awkward relationship with a girl I would like to break up with. Thing is, doing it in real life would be horrible, but I guess I can do it if I need to.

The question, how horrible (EDIT: gutless and an asshole) would I be if I broke up with her over the phone?
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Last edited by Wulphy at Jan 10, 2009,
Do it in person. It'll save you the tearful episode when she sees you again. Seriously, it's hard, but it'll be easier in the long run.
if your awkwardness about doing it in person beats the guilt you'll feel about doing it over the phone, then by all means go ahead....
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Quote by Survivalism
Not so much "horrible," as "gutless and an asshole."

This.

Man up and do it in person.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
it wouldn't be terrible if you did it over the phone, she would EVENTUALLY get over it, but it might just be a bit more courteous to do it in person, but whatever, your call
There is no substitute.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
If you don't want to protect the friendship, then do it over the phone so she can hate you for it and thus get over you quicker. If you want her to speak to you again(but after a long time of ignoring you), do it in person.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by TimboSlice
Send her a self-addressed letter. It adds a very personal touch.

You know, I've been thinking about breaking up with my girlfriend that way. Do you guys think it's gutless at all?
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Seriously, do it in person. Its kinda weird, very difficult, and it sucks. But in the long run its worth it, and you'll be glad you did it in such a manner.
don't be a pussy, just tell her
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
dude. do it in person, in a crowed area so she cant make a scene, but be ready for her trying to embaress you, so have a good comeback ready (y)..
good luck lol,
it sucks getting dumped online/on the phone. SO BE A MAN, man!
To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

Stop and consider the fact that feelings can always change and you may eventually wish to have some sort of connection with this person again. End the relationship if you no longer want to be in it, but leave it in a way that won't prevent you from having contact with her again in the future. In other words, do it in a way you won't have to apologize for later on if you do decide to have any sort of contact with her again.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
Just stop talking to her forever.

No, that can be psychologically damaging to people.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
No, that can be psychologically damaging to people.

That's why all my ex's hung themselves, perhaps?
Strats & Seagulls
No, just send her this thread. Or post in on some **** hole like 4chan, and send her the link.

No really, that's douchebaggery. Just do it in person. Cause if you don't the **** storm will ensue once you see her again.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
That's why all my ex's hung themselves, perhaps?

You know, that could have been it. Or you just have a strong attraction towards depressed women.

Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
You know, I've been thinking about breaking up with my girlfriend that way. Do you guys think it's gutless at all?

Yeah...no.

Do it in person. ALWAYS!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
You know, that could have been it. Or you just have a strong attraction towards depressed women.

Well, I do like to surround myself with the type of people where I can look at them and say to myself "Well, at least my life isn't as f*cked as thiers! "
Strats & Seagulls
complete asshole, you should go an kill yourself because of it...
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
Well, I do like to surround myself with the type of people where I can look at them and say to myself "Well, at least my life isn't as f*cked as thiers! "

You are the most sensitive person I've ever met. I hope to be like you someday.

Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
You are the most sensitive person I've ever met. I hope to be like you someday.

And that's about when I broke up with her...
Strats & Seagulls
Quote by jmonko
Do it in person, you get more satisfaction. I broke up with my girlfriend a few days ago, Im so happy I did it in person. I loved her reaction. Yeah, im an asshole......wanna fight about it?

asshole, jk, i know what you mean, the look they give is worth it.

dude, be a man and do it in person, i got my ass dumped over the phone and pissed m off. I actually still hate her, but thats other story. grow a pair.
Don't be an ass. Man up and do it in person.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by guylee
not as bad as if you did it with texting

My first thought was that if he evil enough to do it over the phone, he might as well make it even more horrible by doing it over text.
Do it in person.

I broke up with a girl over the phone once and it's one of the biggest regrets.