I'm really wanting to purchase a Crate V50-112 tube amp, but I can't find where they're made. Are they made in the usa? and I can't find them for under $300. Are they really discontinued? I went looking for a V18 before, and found out they're discontinued too.
Quote by skynyrdkoku1
I'm really wanting to purchase a Crate V50-112 tube amp, but I can't find where they're made. Are they made in the usa? and I can't find them for under $300. Are they really discontinued? I went looking for a V18 before, and found out they're discontinued too.

The Crate Vseries are discontinued to make room for the Blackheart series. I suggest looking on Ebay for them they are very cheap and great for the price. You could also find the discontinued Palomino V50 in musicians friend for less then $400.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Sweet thanks. How would you rate the blackheart or palomino amps vs. the v50? I've heard the v50 and really liked it. Have you played either of them?
Quote by mcrfobtai
I think the V50 is more american voiced while the others are more British voiced

You would be correct. The V50 uses 6L6 power tubes and the others AFAIK use EL84's. The V50 still uses a more British speaker though, and I don't know how the interplay of those would sound exactly. There seem to be a decent number of people that love using them.
Quote by skynyrdkoku1
Sweet thanks. How would you rate the blackheart or palomino amps vs. the v50? I've heard the v50 and really liked it. Have you played either of them?

Palominos are essentially just sexier V Series amps.

Blackhearts have a bit of a vintage Marshall-y vibe to their tone, IMO. There is actually a video on YouTube of a vs. between Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Crate V-18, and the Blackheart Handsome Devil. In fact, there are some great video reviews of Blackhearts on YouTube. I'd suggest checking them out
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Palominos are essentially just sexier V Series amps.

Blackhearts have a bit of a vintage Marshall-y vibe to their tone, IMO. There is actually a video on YouTube of a vs. between Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Crate V-18, and the Blackheart Handsome Devil. In fact, there are some great video reviews of Blackhearts on YouTube. I'd suggest checking them out

I'll take my sexy beast of a Palomino over the regular V-Series any day
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Yeah, I would take a Palomino over a V too. White and gold is one of my favorite color combos for guitars, and most items in general. I would describe it as "Krazy Kool Klassy" or KKK.................

Wait............oh crap. I wrote that on a paper over a picture of a white/gold LP Custom that I drew when I was bored during a class........
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Yeah, I would take a Palomino over a V too. White and gold is one of my favorite color combos for guitars, and most items in general. I would describe it as "Krazy Kool Klassy" or KKK.................

Wait............oh crap. I wrote that on a paper over a picture of a white/gold LP Custom that I drew when I was bored during a class........

hahahaha

Ouch man
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Yep.

That video convinced me that the Blackheart was my amp. That guy really annoys me though. His voice...that northeastern accent....no offense to anyone from up there that has the accent though. In fact, by all means, make fun of my midwestern twang

There was also a Guitar World review for Amp Of The Month on the Little Giant....

Oh, HERE it is!
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Ok. I've got the V50 for $300 off of amazon, and the palomino for 349 off of musicians friend. So you guys really think the palomino is that much better than the v50? I really didn't like how that blackheart sounded by the way. but that was a pretty jank comparison to begin with. What if I found the v18 for like 250? Should i even be interested in a deal like that. What really is the difference between the v18 and the v50? Besides the footswitch, is it just loudness?
The V18 has no effects loop and is only one channel.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.