Hey guys, I'm in need of some help. I need a simple guitar with a strat-like body and no tremelo, preferably something with a single bridge humbucker. I plan to remove the pickup and replace it with an EMG-81 and use it for Drop C tuning. It will be used for everything from the area of SOAD to Chimaira. If anyone has a suggestion of such a guitar in a reasonable price range, that would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have suggestions of another option than this method, these would also be helpful. Thanks people.
Music and sutff
i'm not sure what responds well to such low drop; esp ltd's fret buzz at deluxe level, so you might wanna look somewhere else
It's all about feel
Quote by argentotenebre
Jackson DInky?

it has 2 humbuckers but it's no sweat to change the bridge pickup

Yeah, a DKMGT would pretty much give all your looking for, except with two EMGs, 81 and 85 ala Zakk Wylde
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
well in the case of redoing the squire
does anyone know where i can get a new pickguard with just the bridge humbucker that will fit the squire?
Music and sutff
Godin Redline 1. Strat shape, no trem, one pickup - EMG 81 in the bridge, $560 USD I believe.

EDIT: Wrong. Only $500 USD
Strats & Seagulls
Last edited by xxBR34KD0WN at Jan 10, 2009,
whn i had mine done, i took it to a custom music shop called straight music, and the guy had pick plates with the emg already installed in it. so i just threw that sucker on there. go to local shops, i dont know if they have it already set up though, or you could just buy pick plates off www.warmoth.com, i think thats the adress. may of misspelled it.