Page 1 of 2
Anyone enjoy underground rap like : La Coka Nostra, Jedi Mind Tricks, The crimson syndicates, Wu tang.

recommendation are welcome !
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
I liek rap. I'm not into any really underground artists, but a few select ones are good. There's a huge rap thread somewheres.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
No.

No I don't.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
NWA, Dangerdoom, Immortal Technique, Tribe Called Quest, Dead Prez. Then there's the more obvious ones, Notorious B.I.G., Tupac, etc.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Atmosphere, Brother Ali.

Also, listen to SOADs cover of Shame on a Nigga. IT's awesome.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
immortal technique, nas
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by Da Squiz
Atmosphere, Brother Ali.

Also, listen to SOADs cover of Shame on a Nigga. IT's awesome.

Atmosphere is the shit

*nods at sig
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Didn't Wu Tang go on Chappelle's show?
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
Jedi Mind Tricks and Wu-Tang are underground?

Anyway, I do enjoy Why?, Sage Francis, Blackalicious, Aesop Rock, Dr. Steel, Atmosphere, cLOUDDEAD, 13 & God, Portishead, Modeselektor, Dalek, and of course Wu-Tang and NWA...
http://soundcloud.com/dawwwstin
Quote by Sever_the_Skull
stfu spaghetti asshole

Quote by itachi-sasori
thats like... a really broad range... how can you like dragonforce AND beethoven Dx
Yea I love it. I like Brother Ali and all them fools. Biggie is my favorite of all time, not underground, but definately the best in my opinion. Eazy E is ****in great also.
Quote by slorggetti
Jedi Mind Tricks and Wu-Tang are underground?

Anyway, I do enjoy Why?, Sage Francis, Blackalicious, Aesop Rock, Dr. Steel, Atmosphere, cLOUDDEAD, 13 & God, Portishead, Modeselektor, Dalek, and of course Wu-Tang and NWA...

well if its not on the top 100 chart its underground to me :p
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Aesop Rock! Oh and Immortal Technique played at my school, and my friend went up and beatboxed for them. So cool.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Atmosphere, Sage Francis, Sandpeople. all amazing.
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
No, but my brother listens to all the Psychopathic Records shit.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
what? are you crazy on doggin immortal techinique? i'm sure there's some better stuff than him, but he is pretty ****ing tight. Dance With the Devil still gives me chills
Class of 2010

University of California, Santa Barbara
N'Telligence most definitely. Eyedea and Abilities as well.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Underground rap is where it's at, not the **** on the radio (there's a few exceptions like Nas, Eminem, Jay-Z, Dre and Kanye's old stuff that are good however)

Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks, Wu Tang Clan, Atmosphere, Living Legends, Sage Francis, Brother Ali, RA The Rugged Man, Snowgoons, Non Phixion, Shad K, Army of the Pharaohs, Pacewon, Akir, Diabolic, People Under The Stairs, Loop Troop, Visionaries, Breeze Evaflowin, Del, Mos Def, The Roots, Glue, Dead Prez, Panacea, Rhyme Asylum, Blackalicious, Reef The Lost Cause, Psycho Realm, Classified, Shaun Boothe, Perceptionists

It all rules. There's no comparison between underground and mainstream
Last edited by metalhead39 at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by Pernell
Immortal technique? BLEH *vomit* conspiracy theory rap FTL

I don't support alot of Techniques views as far as his conspiracies either, but you can't deny that his lyrical abilities are second to none.
Quote by Pernell
Immortal technique? BLEH *vomit* conspiracy theory rap FTL

Im not all 'OMG GEORGE BUSH IS GAY IM SO POLITCAL' but he atleast knows what he's talking about.

I watched some videos about him and he was talking about how media makes Americans look stupid by getting one or two people who dont know anything and make it seem like that is the majority. I know alot of people know that but he atleast has a clue what hes talking about in terms of overall political topics hes not like Greenday and is just a poser who trys to be political to look cool.

But one fact is true though, he is one of the best lyricists in rap

EDIT: The best thing to do to find underground rap is look up streetball videos on youtube, I've found many golden underground rap songs by this method

Stripes by Arcee
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=bpEdY8m-iwM

Great song one of my favourites
Last edited by Bowkore at Jan 10, 2009,
I like underground rap, as long as it raps about stuff that has meaning, not just random **** about ****ing and driving cars and all that crap.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Bowkore
Im not all 'OMG GEORGE BUSH IS GAY IM SO POLITCAL' but he atleast knows what he's talking about.

I watched some videos about him and he was talking about how media makes Americans look stupid by getting one or two people who dont know anything and make it seem like that is the majority. I know alot of people know that but he atleast has a clue what hes talking about in terms of overall political topics hes not like Greenday and is just a poser who trys to be political to look cool.

But one fact is true though, he is one of the best lyricists in rap

You should see this interview with Tech. The man is one of the smartest and socially conscious musicians alive today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCx8kQ3FHP0

"Congressman don't base how they vote by their morals, by how they feel, they base it on the views of the people that support them economically. That's what lobby groups are all about. Anyone that tries to tell you that everything is fair, that everything is balanced has an agenda and wants you to believe that everything is equal and that poor people pay the same price for their crimes as rich people do. It's just not the reality"

If you think the guy is a genius when he raps, you should hear him when he speaks.
antedote

jazz, RnB, and hip hop. excellent combination.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by metalhead39
You should see this interview with Tech. The man is one of the smartest and socially conscious musicians alive today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCx8kQ3FHP0

"Congressman don't base how they vote by their morals, by how they feel, they base it on the views of the people that support them economically. That's what lobby groups are all about. Anyone that tries to tell you that everything is fair, that everything is balanced has an agenda and wants you to believe that everything is equal and that poor people pay the same price for their crimes as rich people do. It's just not the reality"

If you think the guy is a genius when he raps, you should hear him when he speaks.

Dw man, I watched 15 minutes of interviews of him today, I know he is a god on the mic on the front

But to the people who hate all that conspiracy stuff, I can see why but dont deny his talent

He's banned from touring Australia
but I've seen his albums in store
Quote by cpt_pimp
what? are you crazy on doggin immortal techinique? i'm sure there's some better stuff than him, but he is pretty ****ing tight. Dance With the Devil still gives me chills

Is that the one where the dude rapes his mom? if it is, then yeah thats a good song. I mean he's got a few good tunes, but the george bush/911 bull**** just turns me off
they arent really underground but Public Enemy is ****ing amazing, i love them

Immortal Technique has good rhymes but his beats suck.

the thing about public enemy is they put just as much time into their music as they do their lyrics, their dj, Terminator x, is very talented
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Last edited by Fuzzbox91 at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by Pernell
Is that the one where the dude rapes his mom? if it is, then yeah thats a good song. I mean he's got a few good tunes, but the george bush/911 bull**** just turns me off

Yeah I can see why but he's definately a very talented artist and he actually believes in what he raps about which I respect him for he said he's bought a farm in Latin America, and gives a percentage of it to the people and gives it back to the people and not the Saudi Arabians who have taken most of the land so he atleast takes action and doesnt just sit back and rap about revolution.
yeah that 'bush knocked down the towers' **** pisses me off, but hes a good rapper.

also dig the mighty Mos Def, but that goes without saying. his collab with talib kweli, Black Star, was tight.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Pernell

He's got political songs where he doesn't get a hard on for illuminati conspiracies, such as The 4th Branch and Land of the Gun. Check 'em out if you haven't already.

Revolutionary Vol. 2 is the ONLY album I've actually paid for since file sharing was created. I mean, the thing is just a complete masterpiece of hip hop and every single song is great. Plus, since Tech owns his own record company, the money all goes to him unlike major labels that take the bulk of the cd sales away from the artist who worked hard to create it
Quote by metalhead39
He's got political songs where he doesn't get a hard on for illuminati conspiracies, such as The 4th Branch and Land of the Gun. Check 'em out if you haven't already.

Revolutionary Vol. 2 is the ONLY album I've actually paid for since file sharing was created. I mean, the thing is just a complete masterpiece of hip hop and every single song is great. Plus, since Tech owns his own record company, the money all goes to him unlike major labels that take the bulk of the cd sales away from the artist who worked hard to create it

Hey so does he own Viper Records now?

I heard he was just Vice President because he showed such great responsibility in managing his funds?
Cannibal Ox's album The Cold Vein is one of my favorites of all time. Amazingly creative beats and lyrics.

I don't listen to much underground rap but I've been getting more interested in it recently, my current favorites are Cannibal Ox, Hieroglyphics, Aesop Rock, Andre Nickatina and Brotha Lynch Hung
Page 1 of 2