I'm looking for a Multi effects pedal that has plenty of features and most importantly, sounds real instead of digital. I've heard that Digitechs have a more digital, artificial, computer sound. I've heard that the boss series has a more realistic sound. A friend of mine has a POD Xt Live and its pretty Impressive. I'm wanting to focus more on having effects than modeling, but I'll take both as long as it has a great sound. I'm either going to get multi effects or go analog. But I think If I can get a good Multi effects pedal, I'll save more money.

The pedals I'm looking at are:
Boss ME-50
Boss ME-20
DigiTech RP500
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Line 6 POD Xt Live
Line 6 Floor POD Plus

Again, I'm looking for real tone, features, quality.
I'm sure there's plenty of experience here.
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's the Asian blood in his veins. It allows him to accomplish things normal people are unable to.

Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.
Last edited by Ziggy936 at Jan 10, 2009,
boss gt 8!
it has never failed me!
and if you know how to EQ it doesnt sound digital
Quote by pebbles123
boss gt 8!
it has never failed me!
and if you know how to EQ it doesnt sound digital

True. Do you mean EQ on the amp or on the pedal??
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's the Asian blood in his veins. It allows him to accomplish things normal people are unable to.

bump
Quote by InvaderTSN

Bump
Quote by InvaderTSN

Digitech multi effects are pretty lousy IMO. Never tried the Boss units, but the PODs are great. Tons of touring musicians/studios use PODs because they are such great units. The effects sound great and the amp models are pretty decent as well. I say go for one of the PODs.
Quote by Ziggy936
True. Do you mean EQ on the amp or on the pedal??

both, its really not that hard. after bout 1 month youl get it.
in my opinion is the best option out there.
go with the line 6 pod x3 live. plugged through a jazz amp a week ago and this thing sounds like any other vox or marshall amps in the studio
bump
Quote by InvaderTSN

What are you playing through? POD XT LIve or above, but I've plugged mine into about 20 different amps and they all sound a bit different depending on the voicing of the amp and how you ahve them hooked up. My favorite setup in about 90% of all cases is with a Valve Junior, but there are gigging issues without a PA, but tone wise it's pretty solid.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
What are you playing through? POD XT LIve or above, but I've plugged mine into about 20 different amps and they all sound a bit different depending on the voicing of the amp and how you ahve them hooked up. My favorite setup in about 90% of all cases is with a Valve Junior, but there are gigging issues without a PA, but tone wise it's pretty solid.

I'll be playing through a Palomino V50 and a JSX halfstack.
Quote by InvaderTSN

Quote by Ziggy936
I'll be playing through a Palomino V50 and a JSX halfstack.

Haven't tried it through either of those, but i sure would like to try it through the JSX. Just make sure you start out with the cleanest settings of your amps. From there you can start tweaking.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
my buddy has the floor pod it sounds damn good for what it is
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him acheive world dominance.
Not sure how much more it is than the PODs, but have you considered one of the TC electronics rack mounts, like the G-Major? If it's only effects your after, rather than modeling, you can't go far wrong with them.
TC's are way too dam.n expensive.
Quote by InvaderTSN

Really? In europe it's cheaper than the POD X3 Live, and costs exactly the same as the XT live.
Quote by Mad_BOB
Really? In europe it's cheaper than the POD X3 Live, and costs exactly the same as the XT live.

yeah, I think its more expensive here. Plus I want a floor pedal anyways.
Quote by InvaderTSN

bump
Quote by InvaderTSN

Bumpity Bump
Quote by InvaderTSN

Come on, there has to be someone else with some good advice here
Quote by InvaderTSN