i put a dimarzio x2n in my epi goth v and it has a lot of hum and when i put the amp above 5 there is deafening feedback, when i was installing it i soldered the wires ur supposed 2 put together on the thing the bridge knob is connected to(dunno wat is's called). could that cause the hum?
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
hehe.

Could be some dirty power into the amp. I had that problem for a while. If your guitar is wired the way its supposed to be, then you should be fine.

Though, if your using the spider you list in your sig, its just cuz your amp is crap.

Trust me, I have one too. I replaced it, and it solved alot of my hum issues.
Quote by SalemREIGN
hehe.

Could be some dirty power into the amp. I had that problem for a while. If your guitar is wired the way its supposed to be, then you should be fine.

Though, if your using the spider you list in your sig, its just cuz your amp is crap.

Trust me, I have one too. I replaced it, and it solved alot of my hum issues.

when i use the rest of my guitars there is no hum, even when i switch to just the neck pup on my v there's no hum
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
...excuse me?
if you have no idea what it's called, a picture would help.
In any case,
I think you're trying to say that you attempted to ground the bridge? if so, then you did it wrong.
You're supposed to solder the ground wire it to the casings of the pots, and then the pots to the bridge. I would assume that's why you're having problems.
(and by the way, the ground wire is the bare one, usually.)

Another thing, if at all possible, put shrink-wrap around the two you're supposed to solder together. Just because it's a good idea so that they can't touch anything else.
If that isn't possible, then just put electrical tape around them.

EDITED
Last edited by Emoishboy at Jan 11, 2009,
i put everything where it was sposed to go except for those 2 wires and thanks for tellin me theyre called pots, didnt know that

why have those 2 wires there if they're just gonna b taped together, i dont inderstand it
Quote by webbtje
Last edited by skwelcher at Jan 11, 2009,
the two wires are there so that you have the capability of splitting the coils with a push/pull pot or a switch.

The pots are the electrical components that make up the volume and tone knobs on your guitar.
Pictures would be helpful, as right now there's too many possibilities - bad grounding, poor shielding, or even the hum and feedback having different causes.

Bad grounding is most likely, and i suggest you chuck out everything people normally say about grounding a guitar and take a simple rule of grounding - all components must be grounded at the same point, and have no more than one ground point. This means, each component should have a seperate ground wire leading to the bridge. If you want to see how to do it properly, Lumberjack has a thread that's probably drifted down a few pages...i'll look it up and put it in an edit. Using the methods he describes there will also solve any shielding issues your guitar might have.

Edit: Here it is look down the page until you start seeing the pictures of the inside of the guitar. This is pretty much the best shielding and grounding method in existance for guitars, why more people don't use it, i'll never understand.
Last edited by Mad_BOB at Jan 11, 2009,