Page 1 of 2
...there is always at least 2 15 year old fags playing metal-core on a line 6.

anybody else ever notice this?
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
I always hear Unholy confessions
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
yes.

why don't they just ever use the searchbar? it has 10x better tone than a line 6
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
^metalcore

*edit: ohhhh ****kk youiuuuu
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
I always hear a badly improvised solo that usually bridges into a bad version of Eruption. With terrible distortion.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender G-Dec Junior Amp
ZOOM G1x Pedal
There's an easy solution to this. Stop going to Craptar Center and go somewhere decent and local.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
No..everyone in there is always like 10x better than i am....they are doing like insane shred stuff....
Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!
Yes. I am one of them. Spider III is the only amp i know how to use properly
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
I rarely ever hear people playing when I go. Its almost always a funky slapbass guy or a cool country guy when I do though.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
No Ive noticed that everyone looks at me like **** just because Im not as good as they are
Lifes a grave and I dig it!
I think somebody started a "Guitar Center hate rant" thread a while back. But anyway, I know exactly what you mean. At my local guitar center, there is always some kid playing a Dean ML playing "Cowboys From Hell" wrong.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
I don't have a guitar centre, but when I go to my guitar store it's always silent, because noone can actually play around here -_-
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Soul-Monger
Why is the Line 6 always on the top of the list to be shoved down your throat?

Probably because they're overstocked on them and need to push the sell quotas.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by KGB_INC
yes.

why don't they just ever use the searchbar? it has 10x better tone than a line 6

This.

Honestly, though, yes. It's really annoying when they have the volume up super high and are trying to show off while playing super-sloppily. I usually ignore them, but sometimes they just turn the amps up so loud...
Quote by Xiaoxi
Probably because they're overstocked on them and need to push the sell quotas.

Ah, I see. Though, it is an entirely different story when they come to me in the keyboards section to sell one.
Quote by SGibson666
No.

The fags here play Teh Zepplinz.

Exactly. It's so flippin annoying. Last time I was there, some dumb dude was playing teh Zep on acoustic guitar. lol yeah...right.
Quote by TheLake
And you care... why? Its a style of music. You might as well just walk in and say "...there are always PEOPLE playing MUSIC on AMPS." Really? Who would have thought? WHO CARES who plays what, if you don't like it, ignore it. Grow up.

EDIT: and if you really do want to complain, there's already an "Annoying Guitar Center Stories" thread, go there.

the reason why he cares is probably because they are like the type of people at the GC near me where they are always playing RIDICULOUSLY LOUD so you can't hear the tone of the amp you're playing on. That's why it's so annoying. It's not so much the genre or the amps even, it's just a stereotype that hold true most of the time with the metalcore kid with long hair, weird hoodie, and line 6 amp on the "insane" setting playing a dean or ibanez with a floyd rose.
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by touji-za-nai
...there is always at least 2 15 year old fags playing metal-core on a line 6.

anybody else ever notice this?

I can count the number of threads, identical with this one, with the amount of stars in outer space....
Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
everytime i walk in theres the same 3 guys are just playing the same damn tapping riff and its all on the high e string. i was there for 3 hours one day testing guitars and i swear to god they played the tapping riff for 2 hours on different guitars.
I always go to the line 6's when im in a store... you know why?they are so simple to use, and you can truly test the sonic range of the guitar you are holding, I can get a great solo sound on a humbuckered out jackson with a line 6,

its simple, its fun, and I am fully aware that there are better quality amps that i dont feel like figuring out in the store when i have an easy one to mess around with

you'll get over it
My favorite are the 15 year old fags that play the first 15 seconds to Stairway to sound cool. Then stop.
I love it when those fags start doing that cause they attempt to play a solo and fail so I just turn my amp up so loud the entire store hears me and I just shred for 5 minutes and they go get a different guitar.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Quote by JessicaGonzo
they played the tapping riff for 2 hours on different guitars.

I would have went over there and yelled at them to either stfu or play something else..
Quote by theocao
I love it when those fags start doing that cause they attempt to play a solo and fail so I just turn my amp up so loud the entire store hears me and I just shred for 5 minutes and they go get a different guitar.

wow you must be cool, I bet everyone looks up to you
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
the reason why he cares is probably because they are like the type of people at the GC near me where they are always playing RIDICULOUSLY LOUD so you can't hear the tone of the amp you're playing on.

this is when i walk over to the marshall stack (its a FULL on 2cab tube amp marshall stack) in the back of my GC and play crazy train (live version by randy rhoads). they just stop playing. and then they leave...
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Ah, Guitar Center…

I’ll openly admit that I do like going there, as there is plenty of hardware for me to have fun using. But I do always notice several groups:

1. The 15 year olds who have no idea what those knobs on an amplifier mean, so they set all of them to 10, pick up a random shredder guitar, and unleash one of the worst possible noises to be created by humanity.

2. The average guitarist who goes into the store, picks up a $3000 guitar, plugs it into a $1500 amp with about $800 worth of effects, plays one of his mediocre songs that he wrote himself, and then proceeds to purchase a chromatic tuner and some guitar strings.

3. The showoffs who go into the store, grab a guitar, plug into an amp, and then play some solo that they obviously learned just to impress people in Guitar Center at the maximum possibly volume to be sure that everyone hears it.

Of course, all these groups are just part of the fun at going to Guitar Center, and all of them are great for laughing at and posting about on guitar forums.

But, the worst part about my Guitar Center is not the people in it, but the fact that the staff somehow thinks that playing loud music is somehow a good thing. Wouldn’t you get more sales if you could actually hear what you are playing over the background music?
actually there was two kids there today with the emo look about em playing Beast and the Harlot by A7X on 2 line 6s.... also there was another kid who decided to play volume challenge with everyone in the store he felt it was necessary to play easy ass songs.. i said to myself f it and i left...
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
whenever I go to guitarcenter, the people there are polite!
-------------
BASSIST UNITE

I Ron

No i'm not japanese or a weobu lol
Am I the only one in the world who has never even seen a douche bag in my local guitar shop?

Then again, we have ma 'n pa music stores, no chains here.
Page 1 of 2