Hi again, thank you to those who answered my other thread it helped alot. And now i need help with another thing: Soloing. I wanna be able to do my own solos, I already know the pentatonic scale and the blues scale but i cant seem to play an audible solo lol.
Is there anything that may help me? Inspiration, lessons, examples anything! Ty.
Last edited by xDistortion at Jan 11, 2009,
learn the major and minor scales, learn patterns on them, learn some arpeggios, etc
Quote by yomoma21
listen to other solos and steal peoples licks

what he said

but mix them up together and change them to make something new
Quote by ILL BisCuiT
learn music theory if you know the notes on the fretboard ucant go wrong

this is the most correct answer you'll ever get. then practice practice practice.

EDIT: lmao Victor Escobar the first quote in your sig is awesome
Quote by yomoma21
listen to other solos and steal peoples licks

Quote by PirateXc
what he said

but mix them up together and change them to make something new

don't listen to these two, especially the first one, originality is important in soloing

learn to play some solos from songs you like, sooner or later, your hands will get faster, and your knowledge of which notes sound right will get larger. learn some music theory behind it as well, its not a dinosaur teaching, it's very relevant to music today as it was hundreds of years ago.
Quote by Thurman91
don't listen to these two, especially the first one, originality is important in soloing

learn to play some solos from songs you like, sooner or later, your hands will get faster, and your knowledge of which notes sound right will get larger. learn some music theory behind it as well, its not a dinosaur teaching, it's very relevant to music today as it was hundreds of years ago.

Actually many musicians do this, the point is that you copy small licks from other solos and tweak it to your liking, add something more, get rid of some bits, put a hammer on here etc, and it should sound really different and original.

stealing licks give you a base on which to start with, which is really important to beginner solo-ers.
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Listen to other guitarists' solos and take them in. Then let them sit for a while and spit them back out in your own style and way. Maybe play a little faster or slower than them. Maybe play a little higher or lower on the neck. Change it up a little and them your own. That's how I come up with mine.