question 1: Is there an actual effetient or best way to write a song ???

question 2: How do u write a song ????

Personaly i hum a tune, then i try to sing a bit then id figure out the guitar chords for the whole song then finish most of the lyrics ...then add details

Ya i know im bad but ive just started
well, the least efficient way to write a song is by skywriting, so if youre doing anything other than that, youre doing fine.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I'll edit your post so people can understand it. I want to know the answer to this as well...

EDIT:
Quote by Antimage27, Edited by SaintsofNowhere to make it Understandable
Question 1: Do you think there is a most efficient way to write a song?

question 2: How do you write a song?

Personally, I hum a tune, then try to sing part of it, then I'd figure out the guitar chords for the song, then finish most of the lyrics, and finally add details

Yeah, I know I'm bad, but I've just started writing songs.

I would do that, but I think the guitar riff is the most important part of the song, not the vocals.

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Jan 11, 2009,
generally, i write the lyrics first. The tone of the lyrics help me pick out the right chords, and i go from there. it's not really that hard, just know theory and the possibilities are endless.
There should be no structure, no exact approach,

real music is an art.

You're not going to find an outline to great songs.

If you're truly inspired,
it will come to you.

If that doesn't help,
just fiddle around on your guitar.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
I come up with a guitar part first (normally clean or on acoustic) and then hum the vocal melody over it. Doing that helps me figure out where to transition into a chorus or w/e and give me an idea of what i'll want it to sound like...
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by sneyob

real music is an art.

it will come to you.

If that doesn't help,

I completely agree with this guy. If you want to be completely un-original and find some site that says "intro, verse, chorus, verse, bridge, chorus, end", by all means do that, but just play what feels right to you man. Make a riff, make a melody, and build on that.
I usually work on the music first. Make the music speak to your heart and soul and even make you groove. Then I write lyrics.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Basically just write it. There's no formula to great music

Also if you're into weed, smoke a bowl and the song pretty much writes itself
Copy a good songs chord progression and make it a different key then pretend you wrote it. Then go on from there.
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

Using more than one question mark at the end of a sentence is technically grammatically incorrect.
Quote by Magnificoamar
I completely agree with this guy. If you want to be completely un-original and find some site that says "intro, verse, chorus, verse, bridge, chorus, end", by all means do that, but just play what feels right to you man. Make a riff, make a melody, and build on that.

I'm going to have to disagree. Before you can step outside the box, I feel it's important to know exactly what box you're stepping outside of. Learn the basics first, then go from there. It's ok to write un-original, cliche verse chorus verse songs when you're first starting out. Not only will it teach you good fundamentals, but that's actually a damn good structure you'll probably find yourself going back to quite often.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by sneyob

real music is an art.

it will come to you.

If that doesn't help,

ic