...and they had like 50+ new(but used) guitars all over everywhere. there were casses and gig bags all over the floors and new(yet still used) guitars leaning up against the walls and just everywhere! so i was looking around and one of the sales guys came up and asked us (me and my dad) how we were doing and the usual ****. and then he mentioned all the new guitars. he said they had just bought out another guitar store that was going out of buisness! they bought everything from them; guitars, amps, strings, everything!

I didnt know that a GC could buy out another store? i thought they just got there stuff from the manufactures or from trade-ins. not from buying entire stores. have any GCs around you guys ever done this?
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Not GC, but my friend used to work in a small music shop until Long & McQuade (a Canadian chain) bought it out a couple of months ago. He kept working there until they recently fired all the part-timers including him. Sucks.
Quote by f22master
...and they had like 50+ new(but used) guitars all over everywhere. there were casses and gig bags all over the floors and new(yet still used) guitars...

Hmmm... I don't get this.
Of course they can. It's actually probably a good move. They can buy the shop out, getting their stock for cheap, then still sell it for discount price and still make a profit.
Quote by YA89
Hmmm... I don't get this.

Like the guitars themselves aren't brand new, but they're new the GC he visited. At least that's what I think he said.
Quote by Morgant
Like the guitars themselves aren't brand new, but they're new the GC he visited. At least that's what I think he said.

yes, thats exactly what i meant. they were new to my GC, but they were used guitars. well , most of them. they had this b-e-a-utiful new 50th edition fender strat . but yeah they were just new to my GC.

EDIT: heres the strat i was talking about
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Last edited by f22master at Jan 11, 2009,