my brother is looking for a verry cliff burton kinda drive... and im a guitar player so i know nothing about bass effects and how they are... he is useing a ds-1 right now witch sounds cool but its kinda i dunno... lacking i guess so whats some good ****?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him acheive world dominance.
Bass Big Muff or MXR Blow Torch. Anesthesia sounds pretty good with a blow torch as long as you don't max it out. If you do it'll sound like a very articulate blown speaker
Keep On Keepen' On
Last edited by JessyB96 at Jan 11, 2009,
Quote by JessyB96
Bass Big Muff or MXR Blow Torch. Anesthesia sounds pretty good with a blow torch as long as you don't max it out. If you do it'll sound like a very articulate blown speaker

Bass big muff didn't exist when cliff was around so get the Russian one.
Plus i don't even like the big muff.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles

Yes, but he Biamped to keep his lows, I'm almost certain if Cliff were here today he would use a BASS Big Muff.
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Woogles

who cares if you like the big muff or not im not giving you advice
Keep On Keepen' On
Quote by Nikki197666
Yes, but he Biamped to keep his lows, I'm almost certain if Cliff were here today he would use a BASS Big Muff.

He didn't biamp. He just lost his lows. It's Chris whatshisname from Muse that biamps.

For a Cliff-esque sound, a Bass Big Muff is your most sensible bet. An original Big Muff from before EHX went bust would be the most accurate (expensive too) but the bass version will keep your lows far better, and be far more usable for anything other than imitating Cliff.

Saying that, a muff will always sound like a muff, and it isn't for everyone.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Look into Devi Ever, actually.

Oh, and on the Cliff topic- anyone seen the Cort Cliff Burton bass? If my heart wasn't set on an LTD F-404, I'd snap one right up.
Why does no one ever remember the Ashdown Bass Hyperdrive, one of the most versatile bass distortion/overdrive pedals around. Check out my profile for an mp3 demo.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Because it's not an over the top fuzz like a Muff.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Because it's not an over the top fuzz like a Muff.

Not over the top? With the right settings I can make it sound like a Buzzsaw
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
Not over the top? With the right settings I can make it sound like a Buzzsaw

But that isn't really the type of sound Cliff had going on. As much as I dislike Cliffs distorted tone, if you are trying to imitate it, a muff or a muff clone is the best way.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1