Im just seeing what everyones reason is for getting the guitar(s) they have.
My reason for getting any guitar i have is for my influences on playing

Les Paul: Zakk Wylde, Randy Rhoads.
SG: Pepper Keenan, Toni Iommi
Rhoads: Randy Rhoads.

The Les paul has a Maple Fretboard that makes me cream my pants.
The SG has an almost equaly nice Ebony fretboard with a XII inlay.
The rhoads... Well... I put EMG's in it... Thats the only thing nice about it
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
Last edited by Rtard_GWARRIOR at Jan 11, 2009,
It was the best sounding one in the store that i could afford so i bought it
Keep On Keepen' On
It had the best feeling,characteristics,tone,and playability that I could afford.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

one of the best metal guitars with a through neck for the price
GEAR -
Gibson Les Paul VOS '57 gold top
ESP LTD MH-250NT
Vox AC15
Quote by JessyB96
It was the best sounding one in the store that i could afford so i bought it

me too. also it had a really comfortable neck, and i liked the look and tonal options (HSH config). its a godin freeway classic. i can get some cool SRV like strat tones from it as well as clapton esque/joe bonamassa gibson sounds. and thats the kinda stuff i play so i love it.
I bought my guitar because I needed one to play, and it was my favorite of all the guitars in my price range.
bc rich warlock: wanted something cool when i first started and something for a beginner guitar
ibanez rg321mh: had so many problems (literally broke once a month and was repaired an extreme amount of times for about a year) with the warlock that the local guitar shop let me trade it in for the ibanez huge upgrade still had a bunch of store credit left i custom painted this guitar recently and redid the electronics (new soldering but same everything) and it sounds great now.
esp ltd mh-250nt: wanted an upgrade from the rg as it didn't have the right sound i wanted. this one was the best one i could afford at the time
ibanez xpt700: looks awesome, sounds awesome, plays awesome, its just an all round great guitar.
bc rich mockingbird :Slayer
Epiphone les paul : zakk wylde
epiphone sg :tony iommi
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
I wanted an explorer shape, so I got an explorer shape.
Made a wolfgang cause i wanted to make a guitar, picking the shape was cause im an Ed Head, and its a nice shape.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
PRS copy; Ebony fretboard, it looks like a real PRS, has a good feel and tone, and was $450. In retrospect I should've spent that $450 on the Brian May Red Special copy the guy had, but what happens happens. Artist influence on it; none.

Strat; $220 from uncle + SKB hardshell + boutique rewiring. Not much of a question. Artist influence on it; Slowhand and SRV.

Soon-to-be-bought Les Paul Jr.; I love their tone, and because of the design, their the only things that can get sed tone. Artist influence on it; Keith Richards.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
Too good of a deal to pass up and it plays and sounds great. 350 for a Hellraiser? You bet I picked it up.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Well I wanted an Ibanez, red is my favorite color, and the RG seemed like the best for my price range and music style.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
With my Ibanez AS103, I went into the store one day where they had 15% off everything, walked around a bit, tried just about every guitar in the store and picked that one up. It spoke to me, somehow. Its just what I wanted in a guitar.
I bought my guitars because they looked cool.

Or because I could make them look cooler.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
RG420EG - because it has a brilliant rosewood fretboard and rly nice looking sharktooth inlays. also cus alot of my influences use ibanez.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Epiphone Special II: Beginner guitar, I didn't really care what it sounded/looked like. It worked, and that was all I needed. Now I'll use it as a mod guitar and fiddle with stuffs.

Washburn WI66V: Much better than the Epiphone. Sounds great, great quality. Plays quite well. Tremolo with humbuckers, which is what I wanted. Looks fantabulous as well. Also, I'll be getting it back from the tech on Tuesday, and it will have a killswitch in it, so that's a plus.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I didn't have a great deal of money but liked the Rickenbacker 325 John Lennon so I got the Tanglewood tw68 copy of the rickenbacker.
I bought my Jackson SL2H because it was the best guitar i played under 3000€, and it still is.
I bought my music man axis because i needed a solig and splendid versatile backup/second axe
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
michael kelly valor custom:great quality, great sound, great playability, awesome looking, nobody else had one
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
my Warlock NJ7:
I wanted a 7string guitar so I bought this and it have served me well!

my Schecter:
Much better guitar than my Warlock! I've always wanted to own a Schecter....

my Epiphone:
I wanted an Explorer - the rest is just history

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
I got my Epiphone SG for the following reasons:
1. It is sexy
2. I LOVE the tone of SG's
3. I love the feeling of the neck (I hate the neck on Les Pauls)
4. It has all the controls I need
5. It is sexy.

Basically, I chose to buy an SG because I love how it felt, and I love how it sounded, and love how it looks.

I don't have any other guitars besides that, except an old beaten up Strat copy, which I did not choose to buy. It was from a sibling who quit playing guitar.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
My Fender 72 Tele Thinline: Fell in love with the neck and the sound. SOOOO versatile

My SG: Picked it up for about 300 from a friend of my uncle's. Honestly, how could you not pick that up?

My ESP: I don't know why. I wanted a metal guitar, but i realized that after a few months i hated floyd roses. Thinking about blocking it or selling. Not sure which
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
My Squier: I needed a first electric, so I bought it off my tutor

My Ibanez: After a fortnight of comparisons between building my next guitar and buying a factory model, I finally decided on this guitar as it ticked every single box for an awesome price - I didn't think I'd have a respectable Ibanez as my second guitar! It had everything I wanted: HSH, locking trem (was wary at first, but it rules), thin neck and mahogany body. And having gotten into Rush, this guitar is perfect for playing covers as well as practically any other genre. These guitars own!

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Of course the EMGs are the only nice thing about your Rhoads, that's the cheapest Rhoads on the market. Try a high end one, you will not be disappointed.
RULE BRITANNIA