They have to be released in the year.
Anything is fine, anything that you thought was pretty good.

I pick Black Ice by AC/DC, which in my opinion was boring but better and accecable than the other AC/DC albums.
The best album of the year was Consolers of the Lonely by the Raconteurs, a band formed by Jack White.
Folie A Deux by Fall Out Boy, I thought they could fail no more. I'm convinced they're going to release a girl-pop album next...

Edit: On a positive note, I loved Panic At The Disco's new album. Props to andychalmers102's post in this thread that reminded me. I agree it is a much better and very mature album than their debut. Me wuvs it
Last edited by Rock_Rebel at Jan 11, 2009,
at mount zoomer by wolf parade.

into the desert we must go, so into the desert we go. call it a ritual. call it whatever you will.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Panic At The Disco's new album really suprised me, it's musically mature pop/rock compared to the **** that was their debut.

I think the best album was "Day & Age" by The Killers. Say what you will, but this entire album was pretty much one massive experiment for them that payed off really well.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
"Worlds Collide" - Apocalyptica and "Death Magnetic" - Metallica.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by andychalmers102
Panic At The Disco's new album really suprised me, it's musically mature pop/rock compared to the **** that was their debut.

I think the best album was "Day & Age" by The Killers. Say what you will, but this entire album was pretty much one massive experiment for them that payed off really well.

Seriously? Day and Age?
Are you really human, or are you just a dancer?

Get it?

never mind...

No, seriously, day and age was pretty good, I agree, but I just can't stop loving their first album.
Quote by Rock_Rebel
Folie A Deux by Fall Out Boy, I thought they could fail no more. I'm convinced they're going to release a girl-pop album next...

Yeah, I. Don't. Care. about their new album, nor themselves.
The Slip - NIN

A pleasant surprise because it was free, but a step back for the band.
I don't have a signature
I think Tv On The Radios Dear Science is worth a mention, along with Melodia by the Vines, but I think Consolers Of The Lonely was the best for me.
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Trivium - Shogun.

I knew it'd be good but it's really good. (some people are a bit stubborn on the verse-chorus aspect, but what is a song without structure?)

Also, Death Magnetic.
Besides the producing flaws, it's not THAT bad, I can listen to it but I'm not overjoyed - it just surprised me.

Metallica really repeated themselves too much though you could probably cut a good 15 minutes from that album and it'd still get the message across.
*shrugs* I don't know...
Quote by radomu
Seriously? Day and Age?
Are you really human, or are you just a dancer?

Get it?

never mind...

No, seriously, day and age was pretty good, I agree, but I just can't stop loving their first album.

Yeah Hot Fuss was fantastic, but after the disaster that was Sam's Town, they needed something to get them back on track, and Day & Age is the perfect album for them at this stage in their career.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
Quote by andychalmers102
Yeah Hot Fuss was fantastic, but after the disaster that was Sam's Town, they needed something to get them back on track, and Day & Age is the perfect album for them at this stage in their career.

The problem with sam's town was that I only had one song that I liked, which was of course When You Were Young, but it wasn't good enough...
Death Magnetic. I wasn't expecting that much because of St Anger but that album was more than acceptable. Some great tracks, but it's too long.

All Hope is Gone: I didn't think slipknot could make an album that bad.
Only by the Night by Kings of Leon anyone? It was really different to anything i've heard recently
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Overrated it may be but I really liked TV on the Radios Dear Science
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
Quote by Aidy Damage
I actually liked Death Magnetic, especially All Nightmare Long.

Its my album of the year. All the tracks are good but i Don't rate End of the Line or the Judas Kiss.