couls you recormend me a valve amp for gigging or a normal amp, it would be for small to medium sized gigs i play classic rock live led zepli and acdc and metal like black sabath and metallica and a bit of blues like hendrix i have an epiphone sg 400 coustom and a dean ml x my budget is arround 350 but would strecha little more if needed many thanks. Ben
maybe a VK cause it can really do anything...

edit: but yeah...it needs a tube change for brighter stuff or a dist pedal instead of the on-board dist. That's the way I use it.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
i have a marshall jack hammer distortion / overdrive pedal and a crybaby wah pedal
Quote by Led Zeppelin45
Peavey Classic 30, Laney VC30

This. Peavey Classic 30 is a great option for your style and will definitely have enough headroom for medium to large gigs through a PA. I would recommend looking at a good overdrive pedal to boost the gain stages and maybe a clean boost if you are doing solos. Your Jachammer will do for now but maybe a bit heavy for classic rock, but since I haven't played a Classic 30/Jackhammer combo, I couldn't tell you.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
a used vox ac 15. best classic rock amp imo for under 1000 ( disregaring clones). If you want new get a fender super champ and crank that thing up and add a boost or od pedal to the mix
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
2x12 V30 cab and 4x10 G10 cab
Laney VC30

Cheaper then C30.
You're pedals will be useful in getting the VC to sound the way you want.

30w is enough for all gigs.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Check out the Orange Rocker 30 too
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
You would probably only need 30 watts maximum, valve amps are very loud.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
many thanks as allways guys how do i know if a amp is a valve or solid state amp ?
Online it usually says so.

Irl, look at the back of the amp on a lot of amps you can look in and see the tubes, but if there aren't any they might just be behind a plate. Ask a clerk if unsure.

Btw, please listen to this thread and get a Classic 30 (or the Laney if you're in the UK), it will be much better than whatever else you'll find, thinking it's a good deal.
Quote by mcrfobtai
Palomino. They're on sale now

Didn't that sale end?

I'd still prefer a Classic 30 over a Palomino tbh.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Palomino-V3212-30w-1x12-Combo-Amp?sku=480987

Yes. Palomino. If I hadn't bought my YCV 40 just recently, I would have bought this thing. They also come in 50w for 50 bucks more, but that really isn't necessary.
Gear:
Fender USA Standard Strat
1972 Aria "Lawsuit" Les Paul

Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb w/Randall cab
Traynor YCV40

Effects: (working on it..)
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
BOSS DD-6
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
1978 MXR Dist.+
Quote by burn out on me
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Palomino-V3212-30w-1x12-Combo-Amp?sku=480987

Yes. Palomino. If I hadn't bought my YCV 40 just recently, I would have bought this thing. They also come in 50w for 50 bucks more, but that really isn't necessary.

I highly recommend finding out where the TS lives before making suggestions.

It's what I do.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
so alot of people are recormending a peavy classic 30 would that amp be sutable for a medium sized gig such as in a pub or village hall many thanks again ben .
Yes it would, it would be stretching it if you needed cleans but it would still do it.

You would have plenty of volume especially if you are mic'd for any distorted stuff.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by ShredGod George
VAlveking would do everything you want easy

No, don't go near one. Needs new tubes + new speaker etc for it to be somewhat decent.

Quote by DaddyBarbs
Yes it would, it would be stretching it if you needed cleans but it would still do it.

You would have plenty of volume especially if you are mic'd for any distorted stuff.

I've done Clean with a 15 W Blues Junior, this should be fine.

But, yeah. I've heard some very good tones out of the Crate Palomino V series, so check them out too. (That or the Peavey Classic 30)
many thanks guys so 30 watt valve amp looks like it would be perfect correct ?