Hey people, sorry if this shouldn't be in this part of the forum.

So, I have this Les Paul custom with a 3 way switch and only ONE tone knob.
Any tips on how to change during songs? I play rhythm with the tone knob opened full played over my bridge, and solos with the knob closed fully, and played over neck pickup.

Any tips?
changing pickups is not that hard, in every song there is a sort of short break before a solo (where e.g. chords fade out or are only ringing) so there is some time for using the 3 way switch there...

the tone knob is a whole different problem though,, always thought LP customs had 2 (or do you have a prophecy?)
anyways.. I guess just doing it often makes the movement of turning the knob smoother and faster so you can play on better,,
hopefully this works gl m8
Get a second tone knob installed?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Strat style guitars are much easier to switch than with a gibson, I prefer the sound of the bridge pickup for solos but have made up for this by just adding more bass to the lead channel.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
when i do fast legato runs, sweeping etc i like to use the neck to make all the notes a little clearer if i want to do harmonics, constant bends, tapping etc i use bridge. just use the toggle switch to change pickups.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by Circle
changing pickups is not that hard, in every song there is a sort of short break before a solo (where e.g. chords fade out or are only ringing) so there is some time for using the 3 way switch there...

the tone knob is a whole different problem though,, always thought LP customs had 2 (or do you have a prophecy?)
anyways.. I guess just doing it often makes the movement of turning the knob smoother and faster so you can play on better,,
hopefully this works gl m8

Yes, I do have the Prophecy series
I just got a new Boss Multieffect, and the solos sound best on it over neck pickup, with tone knob OPENED full. Problem solved

Atleast, for now. Thanks anyways