Page 1 of 2
My parents have been very supportive for my new interest in Rock music and guitar.
They are unlike the conservative parents that get sick at the idea that their son is enjoying music composed by drug-users.
The part of that being is that they were both of the hippie generation and they listened to a hell of a lot of rock when they were in college and took heroin and pot, very rare in Japan considering that most were into Japanese "rock" back in the 60's and were against drugs.

My mother though told me today "but if you give up the instrument and start a career as an air guitarist, I will smash the Washburn on your head".

Are we guitarist, who play the real guitar, against air guitar?
I mean, I have to admit it, I used to play Guitar Hero two years ago, but now I have the real thing.
I don't see a problem with it.
Let's admit it: we all have mimed to a song before... (Stairway to Heaven's solo was my first experience with air guitar)
It's true that seing other people do it reminds us of heavy masturbation, especially people miming to Layla, but honestly who cares? We do the real thing, they do the other stuff.
Your ex-heroin user parents are threating you with physical violence if you pretend you're playing an imaginary guitar?

Loves twisting words.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Air guitar is all good as long as it looks accurate, I get annoyed seeing people shred to Blink 182 and The Living End.

And Guitar Hero's fun for the record haha.
Quote by Ed Hunter
I took out a fly with my jet of piss once. I felt like God!

“This is ridiculous; my job is to sit here and do this bloo-loo-loo-loo, bloo-loo-loo-loo” - Paul Gilbert on sweep picking.
Quote by TheRavenEffekt
Air guitar is all good as long as it looks accurate, I get annoyed seeing people shred to Blink 182 and The Living End.

Yeah it is fun, it makes you have a feeling of control over hard songs so I still love guitar hero.
Quote by LaT3raluS
theres nothing wrong with air guitar, as long as you dont over-do it...

...what do you mean by overdoing air guitar
Quote by TheRavenEffekt

TLE should not get lumped in with blink, they are not THAT easy.

im not saying that chris is the most incredible and flashy guitarist ever, but he is so much better than delonge
Quote by LaT3raluS
theres nothing wrong with air guitar, as long as you dont over-do it...

I heard there's like a air band contest. who ever does the best acting wins or something.

(P.S. I dont know there's YouTube videos or any info on it but I know it's real)
Quote by -tempest-
I heard there's like a air band contest. who ever does the best acting wins or something.

(P.S. I dont know there's YouTube videos or any info on it but I know it's real)

we had an airband contest when I was in Middle School.
It was totally gay.
One band of five guys from my class did air band to the Spice Girls.
It was supposed to be campy, but it was just stupid so they lost big time lol
Quote by Oldmonkeys
im not saying that chris is the most incredible and flashy guitarist ever, but he is so much better than delonge

THANK YOU. Chris Cheney is utterly underrated, but at least he gets an actual signature guitar unlike other Gretsch "guitarists". End of story.

But continuing on. It's acceptable, just please don't turn into an 80's hair metal fanboy. that is all.
i do... when im on public transport im a full air band. whatever is the focal point of the music. piano, drums, bass, guitar. ill represent it as best as possible. i even do pedal effects..
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
air guitar is ok in certain circumstances, but one of my mates used to do it drunk on dancefloors, but really badly (he looked like he was playing a mandolin). this is not acceptable!
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by ozy!d!ot
i do... when im on public transport im a full air band. whatever is the focal point of the music. piano, drums, bass, guitar. ill represent it as best as possible. i even do pedal effects..

I would pay to see this guy play all that at once...
I think they were joking. At least I hope they were.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Quote by boreamor
Who the **** takes Air Guitar seriously?

All the guys who have those big competitions. It's fun to watch and laugh.
Quote by imdeth
All the guys who have those big competitions. It's fun to watch and laugh.

Though, it's annoying to see the crowd cheering at the air guitarist with lights and effects booming around him.
Air guitaring is fun. Accept it.

Though I admit, I do mime vibrato, pinch harmonics, wah-wah use, whammy divebombs and tapping. Regular people can be shocked.
I don't air guitar, and I get annoyed when I see people doing it. I do however have a moderate interest in air drumming.
Quote by radomu
They are unlike the conservative parents that get sick at the idea that their son is enjoying music composed by drug-users.

Tokyo must be a weird place...
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I airdrum more often, despite the fact that I play guitar more...but when i do it, I go the whole nine yards. If I can't play it in real life, I dont try to air guitar it.
I personally hate guitar hero, but can accept it...but has anyone seen the newest evil?
AIR GUITAR HERO!! I was walking through school and some little sh*t was either playing air guitar hero, or playing a song all on 5 frets of a single string...I "accidentally" tripped him.
Quote by Prisoner5
I airdrum more often, despite the fact that I play guitar more...but when i do it, I go the whole nine yards. If I can't play it in real life, I dont try to air guitar it.

Hehehe, when I air-guitar stuff, I do it pretty acurately, including bends and the suchlike.
Quote by Oldmonkeys
TLE should not get lumped in with blink, they are not THAT easy.

I like them both, I was just saying when someone sits there wanking away like Buckethead on steroids it's rediculous. I used these to as an example because I saw someone doing this to a song by both of them.
Quote by Ed Hunter
I took out a fly with my jet of piss once. I felt like God!

“This is ridiculous; my job is to sit here and do this bloo-loo-loo-loo, bloo-loo-loo-loo” - Paul Gilbert on sweep picking.
air drumming is definately in my radar, I've been doing it since I was so small.
I don't understand people who get gittery and annoyed to people drumming with pencils on a desk.
if there's a song i cant play I'm like "**** it" and I start air guitaring. Looks pretty silly if somebody walks in, seeing the guitar on the floor and me jamming with an imaginary flying V
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by CliffIsAngry
if there's a song i cant play I'm like "**** it" and I start air guitaring. Looks pretty silly if somebody walks in, seeing the guitar on the floor and me jamming with an imaginary flying V

You are the crazy train
Broom guitar.
The necks so long that theres like 100 frets.
If you wear womens clothes while broom-guitaring its incredible.
there is no quote in this box
once i got my real guitar it was annoying because some kids that air guitar where totally unrealistic but then they said if they got a real guitar they would be good and they never even held a guitar
Again, nothing wrong with air guitar unless you over-do it. I mean, if you can do it for an entire song than you do it way too much.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
air guitar should only be done in a drunk party situation...not like the stupid comps they have!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
I hate when people air guitar and try to make me join in.
It couldn't make me cringe more.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
I don't play air guitar, and I'm not bothered by people who do in most cases.

One thing that does annoy me is that air guitarists often assume that their picking hand should be right where there penis is. That's not air guitar. That's just imitating masturbation. It's fake fake sex.

NOT EVEN JIMMY PAGE HAS HIS RIGHT HAND AT PENIS LEVEL WHEN HE PLAYS GUITAR
Lock doors, Pop in earbuds, stand in front of mirror, press play, start air guitaring and headbanging.

My saturday mornings.
Quote by lufkin
Broom guitar.
The necks so long that theres like 100 frets.
If you wear womens clothes while broom-guitaring its incredible.

I used to do that
I'm gonna go a lil off from the original topic of ur post, since it's kinda waste of YOUR time, to think about kinda question to ask people.

Then, why are you so proud of your drug abusing parents ? are you just trying to put yoruself in the picture of the "COOL HOT ROCKER", or are you just trying to say "HEY i'm not a jap, i'm just like you guys!
Air guitaring to music is just fun...

But what I hate is these "proffesional" air guitarists...

You know, the ones that "perform" and stuff like that... ugh...
Page 1 of 2