Hey, this thread may not take off, but its worth a shot.
For my 18th Birthday, which is 3 years away now, ive decided to treat myself to a custom guitar.
Im thinking of:

A thicker S-series body
Flamed Maple Top
Bareknucke Pickups - Coil Tapped
A Piezo Bridge of some sort
24 fret neck
Ebony Fretboard
Going to have a neck like an M-II
Neckthrough, or AANJ
Not too sure on headstock shape yet, but Im thinking Jackson style.
Not sure on Inlay designs yet.

Anyone else got any other idea's that i could list together?
I've got 3years+ to design this, and take to my local luthier

Thanks in advance
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Last edited by Dust_to_Dust at Jan 11, 2009,
you shouldn't ask for other's opinion for YOUR custom guitar, because it Your custom guitar not UG's.

EDIT: but that sounds like a nice idea, i might also be order a custom guitar in a year or so when i graduate from college, I was planning to ordering it from jackson or gibson.

Good luck
Quote by Nexium
Ive accidently busted my nut.
Last edited by chriskhng at Jan 11, 2009,
I know that, i was just wondering if there was something that i could incorperate to make it a truely unique guitar

EDIT:

I also know near next to nothing on guitar finished, other that nitrocellulose can rot away, so what finish would you reccomend?
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
in three years your tastes for an instrument will have changed so id design it nearer the time
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by Dust_to_Dust
Hey, this thread may not take off, but its worth a shot.
For my 18th Birthday, which is 3 years away now, ive decided to treat myself to a custom guitar.
Im thinking of:

A thicker S-series body
Flamed Maple Top
Bareknucke Pickups - Coil Tapped
A Piezo Bridge of some sort
24 fret neck
Ebony Fretboard
Going to have a neck like an M-II
Neckthrough, or AANJ
Not too sure on headstock shape yet, but Im thinking Jackson style.
Not sure on Inlay designs yet.

Anyone else got any other idea's that i could list together?
I've got 3years+ to design this, and take to my local luthier

Thanks in advance

If you have three years, why not get yourself on Ormsby's list, save the money up and have a unique, professionally made 18th birthday present?
Quote by Skeet UK
If you have three years, why not get yourself on Ormsby's list, save the money up and have a unique, professionally made 18th birthday present?

I don't know actually, im going to ask as many luthiers as i can when i finish my design anyway so

EDIT:

Just asked my dad, he said he'd rather me have one made in the UK, as if something went wrong, Austrialia would be abit too far.
I'd love an Ormsby guitar though
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by Dust_to_Dust
I don't know actually, im going to ask as many luthiers as i can when i finish my design anyway so

Talk to LpAddict he's quick at making customs. He qoutes them cheap he dose sweet work and as long as you send him a list of hardware and a template of your guitar he'll build it cheaper than most I've ever seen. I got a quote from him the other day it was like $900USD. Which is weird cause you can't get any shape you want from other builders for under $2000 anyways. Althought Ormbsy's got some sweet guitars.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Quote by Unherolike
Talk to LpAddict he's quick at making a custom. He qoutes them cheap he dose sweet work and as long as you send him a list of hardware and a template of your guitar he'll build it cheaper than most I've ever seen. I got a quote from him the other day it was like $900USD. Which is weird cause you can't get any shape you want from other builders for under $2000 anyways. Althought Ormbsy's got some sweet guitars.

Thats really cheap, is he UK based?
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
No...Wait hold on let me check.........No he's here in the States. But I mean really at that price your dad would have to agree that thats a resonable price.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Quote by Dust_to_Dust

Thats really cheap, is he UK based?

JSC Customs is UK based, AKA EVE Guitars

He may take deposits etc off of you, or whatever over the three years, or just save it all up and decide what you want nearer the time.
Thats true, I guess he ships them out then?

I've been thinking about asking JScustomguitars, or Eve Guitars, as its called.

EDIT: ^^ haha bet me to it

Im seriously considering one of his explorers

Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Doesn't look like you've noticed but LP Addict is a member on UG. Ask him on what you need to think of when making a custom guitar.

Also in 3 years there will be a lot more availible and you will be a lot better at guitar so you will know exactly what you want. Also maybe consider a custom shop guitar from anywhere but ESP if you don't wanna be ripped off.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
theres also me (shameless plug hehe) and wez v (his guitar of the month in on project guitar right now) is really good. have a look on the uk guitar builders forum (here), theres a luthier links section. you're sure to find some you've never heard of before in there
I know LP Addicts on here, im looking around at some of his builds, as well as Eve guitars.

Im just looking to design the guitar at this stage
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page