Ok!! This is a genrall celebration / spread the joy thread.

I can get a 40w tube and a guitar with FR 2, 24 frets, a (disputable) cool look, good pickups, neck through and 5 way swith system for....

£621.99!!!!!

check these out!

i am getting the guitar from a local dealer for £10 off.

http://www.musicstreet.co.uk/spear-gladius-hardtail-electric-guitar-p-2537.html

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product.asp?id=8083

buying tomorrow when they open!

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
i've seen the guitar brand in Guitar World magazine adds, and i've never heard of the amp brand.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

For that price,there must be some issues with both items.I've seen mags like total guitar claim that Spears beat out thousand dollar instruments but that's pretty much marketing BS.If I were you I'd hunt around on the net for some unbiased reviews of these things and then do extensive play tests with them before you buy them.Better safe than sorry when it comes to things like this.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

search it on youtube, and focus on regular people doing reviews/playing the guitar. that way you can get a feel for how it stands in normal playing conditions.

*EDIT* - only one review on Harmony-Central, all 9's and 10's so.....
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

That guitar doesn't have a Floyd Rose. It says "Spear Gladius SP Hardtail"

The picture shows one, but the description and title of the page list hardtail.
Last edited by Joe-White at Jan 11, 2009,
but they do come in FR models, and the picture has a FR. it will probably cost more though.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by aradine
but they do come in FR models, and the picture has a FR. it will probably cost more though.

Yup.

So its not 621 whatever's then.
Whoa 15 Bucks Off!
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
The soundcity amp will NOT play metal.

I guess you play metal based on your choice of guitar.
The gladius FR is licensed, and I've heard from some review the gladius FR isn't very good.
I also hear it's production quality may not be too good [made in Vietnam, thus the cheap price].

An S series, for the same price, will most likely play better.
And for the amp, you could have gotten a cube 60, since I guess you're a bedroom player, and got a sound you would prefer.
You will not be able to use the Soundcity to its potential
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Jan 11, 2009,
Quote by Joe-White
Yup.

So its not 621 whatever's then.

yes it is. Cuz I have played it with a fr. In the shop. On the 30w version of the amp.

So there !

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
and as for the amp, it adds a nice range of what i can get to the mix.
I know that its not heavy metal but i also like blues and jaz.

Certified lurker
Sound City is a resurrected brand from the sixties. I hope its better than their stuff was then. You bought Sound City if you couldn't afford anything better but gigging it was a bit of a gamble.

Look at Dean Vendetta guitar and Kustom 50w combo both at Thomann.