i am a delivery guy for domino's pizza.

today, i was working, but when i came out to make my 7th delivery for the night, my car had been broken into. my $800 sat nav had been stolen.

theres a story, if you want to keep reading. i am beating myself up about what happened and i'm not going to stop beating myself up any time soon...

i called the police and my dad. my dad was at the parking lot where my car, as well as one of my co-workers cars had been broken into within minutes. the police weren't as efficient. i told them that it was not an emergency and that we had no leads, so i had no problems with them not getting there within seconds.

the people in the restaurants which share the parking lot with us heard nothing, however, the head chef in the RSL across the road saw the whole thing happen, and he too called the police before coming to speak to us about what happened. he told us that a man in black and a man in white had thrown bricks through the windows of our cars, stolen the sat nav's and walked towards the railroad track. we thanked him and he went back to his restaurant.

now is where it gets interesting....

after the chef had gone back, but before the police had arrived, the thief came back. we were notified of this by the head chef screaming at the top of his lungs that the man walking through the parking lot was the person who threw the bricks... he walked through the parking lot and i saw him look at my sat nav before putting it in his pocket and walking towards a white car.

he spoke to the driver of the car and went inside the restaurant next door to the domino's which i work in. we got the other driver who's car had been broken into to take down the registration number of the white car while myself and my father followed the thief inside.

he went to the slot machines (the restaurant is a club, with slots, a bar and a restaurant) and spoke to another man. i signalled to a man sitting at one of the machines to be careful and notified him that there was something wrong. the thief then went with the man he was speaking to through the door. the manager of the club we were in came towards us, clearly to ask what was going on, but before he could get in a word, i said to him "the man who walked through that door has just broken into two cars. please help us".

he didnt ask questions. we followed the thief and stopped him just outside the restaurant as he and the other man were about to cross the road. my father, did the dumbest thing he possibly could have done....

he asked for their details.

the man who was not the thief said that his name was shawn and gave a mobile number which i have no doubt is completely fake. the thief was very aggressive and said "i dont have to give you my details!" despite the fact that they said they had seen the crime and told us they had seen the robbers walking towards the train tracks.

as soon as this was over, my father let the two people go.

what was he thinking! there were 50 people around! the people who we were talking to were not going to hurt us. if we could have just kept them there until the police had arrived, i would have my sat nav back.

but they crossed the road. realising how stupid this was of my father to let them go, i followed them. along the way, i asked everyone on the street who i passed to keep an eye out to make sure that i didnt get hurt. i didnt go near them, and when the thief screamed at me to go to him, i told him to stay back. he did.

by this time i had called the police again and told them that i was following them. they said that that was good, and not to go near them.

then things took a turn for the worst....

the white car pulled up and the thief got in and drove off.

as the car was driving off, the police pulled up...

they spoke to the other man who was with the thief, but got nothing from him...

i spoke to the person who broke into my car and my co-workers car and stole both of our sat navs, without which we cannot do our job as well....

.... and i let him go...

we have the registration number of the car he got into, so we're hopeful that that will be helpful, but as everyone knows, the more time passes, the less chance we have of getting our stuff back....

tl;dr - i spoke to the person who stole $1500 worth of stuff and smashed up two cars, and i let him go.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Last edited by instagata0 at Jan 11, 2009,
Yeah.. same
Gamertag: KuroNeko117 - ADD ME ^_^

ILikeC OLOURS

Don't drink drive you'll spill your drink
wait why didnt the cops get the sat navs off the thieves when they got pulled over? :S bad luck tho dude
Quote by madbomber233
Sorry to hear that man. Was it insured? The story was kinda hard to understand

sorry, it's a bit long-winded, but it all makes sense...

no, it wasnt insured, and since it's the second time my car has been broken into, its going to cost a lot more to have the window replaced.

Quote by jimithrash
wait why didnt the cops get the sat navs off the thieves when they got pulled over? :S bad luck tho dude

the thief got into the car just as the cops were pulling up. literally at the same time. the guy who the cops were able to speak to didnt have the sat navs, and because they spent time speaking to him, they couldnt catch the guy in the car.
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

although i told them that it wasnt en emergency the first time, i sort of expected the police to get there sooner. particularly after i told them that i was following the person who did it...

it took them about half an hour to get there... that's really not good, is it?...
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

Quote by Godbe
To be honest you did the right thing. If you would have attempted to tackle him or get him to wait for the police or something he could have easily pulled a gun or knife out on you.

i was afraid that he was going to do that anyway, just because i was following him. he got really worked up when he told me to go to him. but there was no way that i was going to.

to the thing a few posts up about imagery, i would have, but domino's has a policy where i'm not allowed to say stuff like that. as it is, i've probably crossed the line, but you dont know which domino's i'm at, so i should be alright. sorry that i'm not allowed to say what he looked like.

but i just thought of an important part of the story which i forgot to mention.

things have been complicated further because they changed their clothes.

i said that they were wearing black and white. when they walked back through the parking lot, they were both wearing blue, though one of the guys had just turned his jacket inside out. the other one changed his shirt.

that would be fine, except for the fact that now the cops have three different descriptions of what the people were wearing...

*sigh*
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

Should've thrown a flashbang and incapacitated him with a potato sack while he was stunned.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
Quote by punkman_123
Should've thrown a flashbang and incapacitated him with a potato sack while he was stunned.

if only i hadnt left my spare potato sacks in my car. my flashbang's i carry with me always, though.
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

my god .. you can beat yourself up while typing
*fistpop*

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Ghey...
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Quote by mon_the_fraser
You should have taken him down. Oh wait your not as hard as i am.

haha That is the funniest thing I have heard all day.

has no signature.
similar thing happened to a friend of mine. 2 guys broke into his house and loaded up their car with hifi's TV's etc in broad daylight. when a neighbour approached them they made off. despite reporting it to the police, with the robbers car registration, nothing happened to them because when the police went round surprise surprise there was no stolen property and therefore no evidence.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by imdeth
You should have punched your dad in the face for that.

tell me about it.

we were in a crowded street on a sunday night during school holidays. people were everywhere. if we could have kept them on that street, they wouldnt have hurt anyone.

all my dad had to do was ANYTHING other than what he did.

and you know, im not even that mad about my car getting smashed up. the window repair will be $400 or so, but that's okay. i can find a way to get that fixed up.

the sat nav, i needed for my work. i am going to be going at half the speed that i used to, which means that i'll be getting paid heaps less than i would have otherwise.

if i had the chance again, i would say to the guy "look, the police are coming. i will let you go if you just give us the sat nav's back". honestly. i'm stuffed at work, without that thing, and i sure as hell dont have $800 to buy a new one.
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

Quote by Steve The Plank
Man, I totally thought that was leading up to a Pokemon battle or something. What an anticlimax.

haha
Quote by mental_zer0

The fear of the clock became too obvious. got expelled.

Quote by jmilli2
Spread rumours that she is a jew. Then all you need to do is sit back and wait for the secret police to make her 'disappear'.

lol?