Dont ask me why i'm asking you hateful bastards for help, but I am...

Macbeth goes to see the witches and...
"A show of eight kings, the last with a glass in his hand"
^
A drinking glass, or a looking glass?
either.
as the text is old there may have been some mistakes copying it.
some texts have it listed as a drinking glass, others as a looking glass.
just like some people interpret it as a drinking glass, others as a looking glass.
read your text and go with that.

also, the pit is smarter than you.
why would he be holding a looking glass? it can only be a drinking glass. most likely in the shape of a goblet.
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
I just found out it is definetely a looking glass, because the last king is holding it up and reflecting all the other kings, so it appears there is many more than there are
Quote by MrToucan
I just found out it is definetely a looking glass, because the last king is holding it up and reflecting all the other kings, so it appears there is many more than there are

you fail.
literature is often ambiguous so that people can interpret it so that it supports their interpretation of the text.
unfortunately idiots like you are too spoon fed to think for themselves, and only think that there is only one right answer.
if you want, analyse it that way, but you cant say that it is definately one thing or another.
Quote by cegs
you fail.
literature is often ambiguous so that people can interpret it so that it supports their interpretation of the text.
unfortunately idiots like you are too spoon fed to think for themselves, and only think that there is only one right answer.
if you want, analyse it that way, but you cant say that it is definately one thing or another.

I'm fully open to interperetation mate, but...it's a looking glass
And don't call me spoon fed you ****ing retard, I have a thousand times the mental power as you, and I know that.
looking glass ie mirror

also to cegs, learn how to spell definitely - unsurprisingly the root is finite, not finate

and there would be no logical reason for it to be a glass as in cup, because it was hideously expensive in the 17th century and kings probably would have had metal chalices for drinking, so the use of 'glass' as a vessel is unlikely
Last edited by lozlovesstrats at Jan 11, 2009,
Quote by MrToucan
I'm fully open to interperetation mate, but...it's a looking glass
And don't call me spoon fed you ****ing retard, I have a thousand times the mental power as you, and I know that.

yes dear.
but if you make claims make sure you back it up

I, on the other hand, will.
you are 4 years younger than me, your grammar isn't very good (you should have said: I'm fully open to interperetations ), i scored close to the highest possible score in my final year exams at high school.

3-0

Need i go on?