What do I need to add to my gear to get that very tight rhythm sound as on Master Of Puppets, without getting fizzy or too trebley. I have a Peavey Valveking 112 on max gain, a high pup in my Jackson Kevin Bond signature model. I added a Bad Monkey as a tube gain boost, but it's not brutal or tight enough. I also want the versatility to go with boosted mids as Laiho, Bodom.
Thanks!
Try a fulltone OCD?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by drslackbladder
What do I need to add to my gear to get that very tight rhythm sound as on Master Of Puppets, without getting fizzy or too trebley. I have a Peavey Valveking 112 on max gain, a high pup in my Jackson Kevin Bond signature model. I added a Bad Monkey as a tube gain boost, but it's not brutal or tight enough. I also want the versatility to go with boosted mids as Laiho, Bodom.
Thanks!

ladies and gentlemen, I give you THIS:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688660

just look around there

if that doesn't help you, then ask again
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
what's the setting of your bad monkey? Maybe your sound requirement is too high? before, I thought more gain is better.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Tbh a Valveking isn't going to get close to that tight rhythm type sound, all I can suggest is go to your local store, and if they have a VK in stock ask to try it with the OD pedals they have in, and see if any better OD's will tighten the sound up a bit more.

And also, don't max the gain. Keep the gain at about 7 (2' Clock ish I think) and use your bridge pickup.
TURN THE GAIN DOWN!
then boost it lightly, and pick really hard.

I dunno why everyone thinks MoP has high gain, its fairly low gain with a controlled high end. But remember, you NEED to layer your amp to get the exact sound, so don't go for it exactly unless you have more than one amp.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by bucketmark
Try a fulltone OCD?

I don't think the OCD is going to do that type of Br00tal tbh.
Turn the gain on your amp to about 6/7. Put your gain on your bad monkey low or even 0. Turn the level of the bad monkey to 10. Works well
Quote by drslackbladder
Thanks!

You need an EQ pedal - you want to tame 800hz.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Turn your gain down. I was like that before. Thought that too much gain is better.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by steven seagull
You need an EQ pedal - you want to tame 800hz.

I'd never thought I needed an EQ - can you explain?
Thanks.