i opened up itunes and everything was gone. i restarted my computer and checked again and there was nothing. the past three years of my life in music was on there. please excuse me while i go hang myself.
Sure hope you bought that music on cds.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
i'm so sorry. you want me to drag my sack across your face?
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
R-Undelete?

What about your mp3 player?

You should buy things on CD, like me.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
i'm sure it's still saved on your harddrive... assuming you have windows... Click: Start, My Music, then drag and drop all of your music into itunes again... surely all is not lost.
You can put songs from your mp3/iPod onto iTunes can't you?

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
I'm not rubbing it in at all here but this is one of the many reasons why i am against downloading music...its okay sometimes but just think if yo had these on CD then you'd be able to listen to them. I know CDs can break too but if you look after them and treat them well then they'll last a lifetime. But sorry to hear the news anyway-life without music doesnt seem possible...
Bass....How low can you go?????
Sounds like someone needs Winamp.

Quote by imdeth
This is your chance to get some Carcass.

Oooh, and Septic Flesh!
iTunes makes shortcuts to your music that is saved on your HDD, just check the original directory for it, and drag back into iTunes... unless it really is all gone, in which case, sorry man, I can understand how bad it would be to lose all your music, I know I would never see half of mine ever again.

Quote by webbtje
Sounds like someone needs Winamp.

Oooh, and Septic Flesh!

And where the hell have you been lately, I had forgotten about you.
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at Jan 11, 2009,
go to irip.com or something like that. pulls the music of your ipod and puts it on your computer and then itunes.

i ****ing freaked when that happened, but it was still on my hard drive!
i've got a lot of CD's but ripping all of them would take forever. i'll check my hard drive like you said Shyne.
The files should still be on there. Did you shut down iTunes improperly, or disconnect your iPod wrongly? That would explain it.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Go to File > Add Folder To Library > Music > iTunes > iTunes Music (select that folder and click, I think it's "Ok")

If that doesn't work, iDump is good
Either double click this file, or use itunes to open it manually (it should be in your itunes folder)

Hope it helped
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
if you have everything on your ipod, use iDump
1997 Ibanez RG7620
Modded Starcaster by Fender

Boss GT10
Dunlop Mister Crybaby Wah

Line 6 Spider III 30
Serves you right for using iTunes.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by 'Leviathan'

And where the hell have you been lately, I had forgotten about you.

Out of the Pit, mostly
happened to me a while ago

click file -> import (or press ctrl+shift+o)
find your "itunes library file" and click open (default directory for this file is in my documents/my music/itunes)

should solve the problem
Quote by mental_zer0

The fear of the clock became too obvious. got expelled.

Quote by jmilli2
Spread rumours that she is a jew. Then all you need to do is sit back and wait for the secret police to make her 'disappear'.

lol?
ctrl + z!!!!!!!
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Quote by skaterskagg1
i opened up itunes and everything was gone. i restarted my computer and checked again and there was nothing. the past three years of my life in music was on there. please excuse me while i go hang myself.

Except you forgot the most obvious and logical course of action, looking in your music folder.
You're*
your database file has probably just been corrupted or something. it has happened to me before
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
And folks that's why you should always back up your music

My mate's iPod broke and he didn't back it up, 15,000 songs!!!...
luckily he could still get all the music back
"I quit my low carb diet when all i had the strength to do was sit and eat sausage and pork rinds and think, "this must be what it feels like to have cancer, a special kind of cancer that makes your poop float.""

This is br00t4l
You mean the iTunes Library file has gone, or all your music on your HDD has gone?

Either way, stop using iTunes.
If you have lost all your music I seriously feel sympathy for you (rare in the Pit I know). If I lost my music collection I would not be happy. Even if iTunes lost my files, it would take me weeks to fix the problem. I have about 10,000 songs spread over 200+ different folders (none of them named properly). I really need to fix this before it's too late.
Quote by agreth_3rd
If you have lost all your music I seriously feel sympathy for you (rare in the Pit I know). If I lost my music collection I would not be happy. Even if iTunes lost my files, it would take me weeks to fix the problem. I have about 10,000 songs spread over 200+ different folders (none of them named properly). I really need to fix this before it's too late.

That would be so confusing. I have about 15,000+ songs scattered over... HEAPS of folders, but it's all perfectly organized, capital letters, etc.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
That would be so confusing. I have about 15,000+ songs scattered over... HEAPS of folders, but it's all perfectly organized, capital letters, etc.

+1 I can't stand it when they aren't
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
God I hate that.
Quote by Ed Hunter
I took out a fly with my jet of piss once. I felt like God!

“This is ridiculous; my job is to sit here and do this bloo-loo-loo-loo, bloo-loo-loo-loo” - Paul Gilbert on sweep picking.
Yea + 1 on winamp.

I used to keep all of my music on my ipod as an external drive because my HDD wasnt big enough. Then i dropped my ipod (many times) and some of the files were unreadable. It took me a while to get everything back, but now i have all of my music organized into Artist and Album and i have it in a mirrored 1.5tb network drive So im never going to loose my music.......wait unless there was a fire and both drives burned.....
Quote by 'Leviathan'

Haha, yeah that would probably be helpful. A lot of my folders are named things like "sdfjkldsjflkds" or "newmusicgood"....

Edit: No one else but me (and maybe not even) would be able navigate around my computer. It's so unbelievably disorganised it might actually be impossible to correct without swiping the whole thing and starting from scratch.
Last edited by agreth_3rd at Jan 11, 2009,