seeing as there is no ultimate-drums or a drum thread here, I'll just ask here then.
When having two crashes, is it better to have two identical ones (to sound the same when double crashing) or two of different size and/or type (to give a different noise whne double crashing) ?
████████
████████
████████
it matters what sound you want. Obviously, if you want different sounds (i pesonally like that) than get different crashes. 2 of the same cymbal is usually just for a bigger sound. I dunno if that helps much tho, its really a matter of what sound you want.
Crash into a tree

THIS GUITAR SITER!"!!
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
I figure it's a waste of money to have two of the same cymbal.

I tend to go for two different ones. For example; my kit has a K Custom Dry Crash, a Z Custom Rock Crash, a Stagg Crash, and two Planet Z Rides (one as a crash and one as a ride).
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

I like having two different crashes, just to have different sounds available. If you're going to be doing a lot of double crashing make sure you buy something that's going to mix well with your current crash though.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music