Page 1 of 2
What is your favourite brand of pedal?
Personally, I love Electro Harmonix pedals, I don't know why but I'd rather have en EH pedal over something else.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
im with you on electro-harmonix, definitely my favourite brand.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
EH all the way!
Fender MIM Stratocaster With YJM pickup in neck
Esp Ltd Kh-202

Crate 15w

Electro Harmonix Metal Muff
DOD Yngwie J. Malmsteen OD
Digitech Rp 80
my own. I'd rather build them. (sorry, I'm from GB&C, haha)

But I recently picked up a vintage-y morley Power Wah. Sick as hell. I don't MIND digitech, but I don't love them..
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Boutique...

+1
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
BOSS.

Dunlop for the wah, MXR for phaser, and EHX for the metal distortion.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I tend to buy a Boss or Behringer item first, see if I actually use the effect usefully, then if I do, I will buy a better version of that effect from a more b00teeq manufacturer later on.
Dunlops Wahs
EHX's Modulation
and distortions from all around
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
well i have a higher ratio of EHX than most other stuff, but i also like fulltone and voodoo labs even thoug they are difficult to get hold of here.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Highwaytohell
I like a combination of different pedals.

Me too. Some pedals of a brand may be bad, while a similar pedal of a different brand can unleash the FOCKING FURY
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Anyone who sticks with one brand when it comes to pedals is a retard, since most brands are only good at one thing.
Yeah, Boss has good distortions and overdrives, while some of their modulations lack in realistic term. *cough* reverb *cough*
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
pffft, good brand awareness is important IMO
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by lespaul#1
Yeah, Boss has good distortions and overdrives, while some of their modulations lack in realistic term. *cough* reverb *cough*

reverb is not modulation.

most boss pedals are intentionally dry sounding so that they don't change your tone too much, they just apply the effect to it.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Well, you get my point.
Quote by chip46
I think the only thing that Boss has come out with that's worth its salt is the DD-7.

After that, why WOULD you stick to one brand? It's only limiting to your creative pallet.
modeling: line 6
boutique: fulltone
multi fx: boss & line 6
aside from that, i like boss's digital delay and a few others, and lots of EHX effects
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Ehx
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by Horlicks
Anyone who sticks with one brand when it comes to pedals is a retard, since most brands are only good at one thing.

First intelligent post in this thread, and of course, it's Horlicks.

Exactly, I don't understand brand allegiances with pedals, I prefer to mix and match to get exactly the sound I want for that particular effect. I normally hate Digitech, but I have a Whammy, and I really like it. I see no reason why anyone would have a favourite brand and simultaneously be knowledgable about effects, or anything for that matter.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by Horlicks

And what brands would those be?

My overall favourite brand is probably DOD.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by IncubusMan999
First intelligent post in this thread, and of course, it's Horlicks.

Exactly, I don't understand brand allegiances with pedals, I prefer to mix and match to get exactly the sound I want for that particular effect. I normally hate Digitech, but I have a Whammy, and I really like it. I see no reason why anyone would have a favourite brand and simultaneously be knowledgable about effects, or anything for that matter.

Haha, you can have a favourite brand without buying EXCLUSIVELY their products. It just so happens you like a lot of the way their pedals are built/features/unique sounds, etc.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
I have 1 ISP/iSR, 1 BBE, and 1 Ibanez pedal...

so I would have to say Line 6.. their amps suck, but I like them stomp boxes.

verbzilla = win
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Last edited by touji-za-nai at Jan 11, 2009,
EHX. If they made an OD and a wah and they were as good as most others, I'd buy them. Hell, I regret both of my Boss pedals to the point I'm considering selling them for their EHX equals...
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
MI-Audio or Visual Sound.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by xwearesinking
And what brands would those be?

My overall favourite brand is probably DOD.

Boss: Delay, certain modulations.
EHX: Fuzz, delay (Not the reverbs though, they suck).
Line 6: Reverb, Delay.
ISP: Noise reducers.
Ibanez/Maxon: Overdrives, Delay.
DigiTech: You can probably guess.
Dunlop: EQ, Wah.
Last edited by Horlicks at Jan 12, 2009,
I'm not a big pedal user because I like to keep my signal simple, but I do really like what Build Your Own Clone has to offer. Plus the build process is really enjoyable...
Page 1 of 2