I am just curious as to what some other peoples inputs might be. This is going to be my second guitar (right now I have a Squier) and I am looking to buy one of them. I already have my input on them, but I am curious about other peoples information/experiences/suggestions. I like to play pretty much everything except death metal. Or if you would like to suggest another guitar, then that would be good too. I have been playing for 5 months. Thanks.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG350DX-Electric-Guitar-519415-i1395598.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plain-Top-Electric-Guitar-103812863-i1149387.gc

Thanks again.
ibanez over epiphone always

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
ibanez's are amazing but their mostly for metal, and you said you dont really play that so the epiphone les paul is good for just about everything. :]
Quote by krn019
ibanez's are amazing but their mostly for metal, and you said you dont really play that so the epiphone les paul is good for just about everything. :]

I play some metal, like Metallica for example, but just not anything like Slayer or Slipknot.
You should really try them out and see what you prefer but personally, I would lean towards the Epiphone. The Ibanez in question has some pretty crummy parts (Edge III trem, I'm looking at you) and some pretty lackluster pickups.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I just sold my 350 was an awesome guitar and would recommend but the edge trem is a lot of hastle.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Whatever feels best to you. They are both nice. The Ibanez is a butt to restring, which makes me like the les paul a little more
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You should really try them out and see what you prefer but personally, I would lean towards the Epiphone. The Ibanez in question has some pretty crummy parts (Edge III trem, I'm looking at you) and some pretty lackluster pickups.

I did try them out, but like I said, I am looking for additional input on what people like or dislike about them.

Also, might there be an Ibanez that is just one step up from that one, or would that not matter.
Quote by Knoknonhvnsdoor
I did try them out, but like I said, I am looking for additional input on what people like or dislike about them.

Also, might there be an Ibanez that is just one step up from that one, or would that not matter.

If it has a Lo-Pro, ZR, original Edge or Edge Pro bridge, you should be fine.

Just watch those Edge II and Edge III bridges as they are known to fall apart after prolonged use.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I was thinking of getting the Ibanez 350 ex (identical but black with mirrored pick guard). I ended up getting the Ibanez S470 instead - much lighter & comfier, and I think it looks nicer too. Does cost more, but after trying them side by side it was worth it. Like other people said, try them out and see what you think.
Also has the zr bridge, which uses ball bearings instead of a blade. Very smooth, and if you're gonna move to different guage change strings or w/e, adjusting the trem's tension is done by moving wheel on back, no need to take it apart like other models
Last edited by Hanza at Jan 11, 2009,
The Epi looks a tad pricey at that. In europe that model runs at €339 or about $450 And it'll never be a Gibson. I'd go for the Ibby but only after a long trial. Then again, you gotta consider your style as they are very different.
Quote by krn019

Well actually I play classic rock on mine and it works great
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by WILL MURRAY
How is the Edge-Zero tremolo? has anyone has had any experience with it?

I love it, but it's my first floyd rose style trem. It doesn't have any of the hassles that most floyd rose style trems have. Tuning is easy, changing strings is easy, changing tunings is easy, adjusting bridge height and intonation is easy. It does everything I need it to do, and it's easy to adjust. It also stays in tune very well. The only thing people say is that it doesn't have flutter. You can get it by removing the ZPS3, but that's where all the stability comes from. I haven't tried it because I'm happy the way it is.
Quote by JELIFISH19
I love it, but it's my first floyd rose style trem. It doesn't have any of the hassles that most floyd rose style trems have. Tuning is easy, changing strings is easy, changing tunings is easy, adjusting bridge height and intonation is easy. It does everything I need it to do, and it's easy to adjust. It also stays in tune very well. The only thing people say is that it doesn't have flutter. You can get it by removing the ZPS3, but that's where all the stability comes from. I haven't tried it because I'm happy the way it is.

So if I got the Ibanez, how much would it be to get the edge-zero?