Ok, so on this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0_CbmNjAlk you can clearly see that when fretting some notes he is unintentionally bending the string very slightly. You can see that if you pause around the 1:27 mark, and also throughout the entire video.

So I was just curious if that is really poor technique or if doing that really matters since it's probably not enough to change the note even a semitone. Since I saw the video I've really been trying to see if I'm doing that in any of my playing ( don't seem too). It's got me a bit concerned.

Input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
It could just be the angle, but if he is unintentionally bending that string when fretting it, that is really poor technique and he should probably be teaching bitches how to make sandwiches instead of guitar.
Well it is partially the camera angle that makes it look as though the string is moving to the horizontal in addition to the vertical, in other words those slight bends are exaggerated...
Secondly his strings are probably .08s or so, making it harder not to slightly bend. I really wouldn't worry about this kind of thing, maybe he's not the best player but the "bends" don't really matter much either way.
1990 Gibson LP Studio
2007 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2006 Taylor 510-ce
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Yeah, I thought it was kind of weird. But I know its not just the angle, in some spots in really obvious and it happens in all of his videos. Not sure how much if at all it'd change the pitch but I did think it odd.
Quote by Deathcabforpat
Well it is partially the camera angle that makes it look as though the string is moving to the horizontal in addition to the vertical, in other words those slight bends are exaggerated...
Secondly his strings are probably .08s or so, making it harder not to slightly bend. I really wouldn't worry about this kind of thing, maybe he's not the best player but the "bends" don't really matter much either way.

Ah, I see. Well since watching it I've been looking at my playing tilting my head at every angle to see if I'm even bending slightly, and not just the note I'm playing either, but also the string above the one I'm fretting, making sure the tip of my index finger (or any other) isn't moving the string up a bit. (yes I'm a little OCD when it comes to my playing).

Hopefully someone will tell me it doesn't matter either way.
Yeah, that guy doesn't have good technique. He uses his middle finger to play the fret that the ring finger should play.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic