what is a good amp to go with a spear gladius sp? - not because of the reveiws - i actually wish it had never been reviewed!!

And nooo!! I am getting that guitar. Please don't tell me that there rubbish because i played one yesterday and it was amazing.

I want tube and 40w. for the amp my budget is 300 and perhaps a bit over. Maby.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Get a Peavey VK combo. Or a Crate GTX. The Crate might be SS but the flexiwave system is mindblowingly close.
300 for a 40 watt tube? Uhm used Peavey VK or a windsor might fit the bill.I know crate makes some affordable tube amps but the only one I've ever seen was the 18 watt model for 200 something.What styles of music do you play?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Do you really need the 40W?
Otherwise i'd suggest an Orange tiny terror, or a peavey classic 30. You should be able to find those for that price.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
i like to play meatal and classic rock.

and blues

and most stuff.

but yeah mainly meatal and rock.

Im looking at a sound city 40w

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
I'd go with the VK personally.With a few simple mods it's a nice little amp.Throw an EQ and OD pedal in the mix and it cold probably do all you want it to.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.