Hello everyone,

I have just purchased a new Peavey Transtube 112 EFX. However, I can't get the exact sound that i want and I'm am going to purchase a pedal in the near future. I am looking for a BTBAM or a Protest the Hero sound. Any help would be much appreciated.
I'm not familiar with tat amp or those bands but a EQ might help. Do you need a heavier more distorted tone? Or some kind of effect like a phaser or chorus or something? We need more info to help you out man, be specific.
Get a multi-effect so you can get (almost) any sound. I got a rp250 for Xmas, those are great.
Meh, pedals with transtube probably wont solve your problem. You should have bought an amp that can do the stuff you need it to do, aka try it out first. Its a SS amp, which isnt bad, but if you couldnt get the tones out of it you wanted when you tried it out, why did you buy it?

An EQ wont really do it considering the amp has plenty of onboard EQ. Your amp should be able to do BTBAM and protest the hero, use the correct channel. Play with it a little.
Quote by sw1ss023
Get a multi-effect so you can get (almost) any sound. I got a rp250 for Xmas, those are great.

This is what you should not do. Low end multifx sound like what you pay for; cheap ass ****.

Sorry for double post I guess.
Stay away from multi-effects, dear god please! I'm assuming you want heavier distortion? I'd go for an EQ, if i were you.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by p o e
Stay away from multi-effects, dear god please! I'm assuming you want heavier distortion? I'd go for an EQ, if i were you.

Not to nitpick, but you seen what gear Opeth use recently? If you're only talking about them in relation to SS, then fair enough.
Quote by webbtje
Not to nitpick, but you seen what gear Opeth use recently? If you're only talking about them in relation to SS, then fair enough.

Nope, sure havent, mainly because i don't really like Opeth much.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
To explain: GT-8s through Laneys and, more recently, Marshalls, to give them pretty much undeniably fantastic tone. Through the right amps, multis work just fine.
Quote by webbtje
To explain: GT-8s through Laneys and, more recently, Marshalls, to give them pretty much undeniably fantastic tone. Through the right amps, multis work just fine.

Low end multi fx's like one that the TS would more than likely buy will not solve the problems. High end multi fx's are not bad like you've stated.

However, the right amp isnt always the case for example; some $50 or $80 digitech multi fx through the listed Marshall will not sound utterly fantastic.
No, I agree, I just take issue at blanket Multi FX slagging.

Even though it looks like there wasn't any