Alright this is my third time changing my strings and I've never encountered a problem like this before (if it even is a problem). I was putting on the e string and when I was tuning all the way up, I noticed that the red fabric end of the string is wrapped all the way around the tuner and the actual string part is almost touching the tuning thing itself. Is this okay? I've never really had this happen to me. If you don't understand what I'm talking about then just tell me and I can get a picture for you.
you've maybe cut the string a little too much before putting it on...i can't really see it being that much of a problem tbh
you only changed string three times in two years? damn maybe bass is where its at.
Quote by Toker420
you only changed string three times in two years? damn maybe bass is where its at.

It's a good £20 a set at least. Mine cost £30 a set.

And to TS, no that is not a problem at all. My strings don't have any fabric on the ends at all. Some brands just do it to look pretty (I think).
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
It's a good £20 a set at least. Mine cost £30 a set.

And to TS, no that is not a problem at all. My strings don't have any fabric on the ends at all. Some brands just do it to look pretty (I think).

Yeah and usually they make the part that's wrapped more bendy like so it's easier to coil around.

TS, don't stress about it. It's okay.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Oh I know why this is happening to my bass! The stupid guy at guitar center gave me long scale bass strings instead of medium! Oh well, I'm sure it's okay to use long strings on a medium bass haha!
if you're using long scale on a medium bass without cutting the strings at all...how many times did you have to wind it around the tuning peg!?
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
It wasn't that bad because medium scale is 34'' while long scale is like 35'' or 36''. So that's only like 1 or 2 inches longer.