I found a nice Victor Wooten interview on youtube. It deals more with his views on life and musics purpose then the actually technicality of it.

I always found Wootens views on music interesting, because it basically defies almost everything Ive ever been taught about how to approach learning.

More similair videos would always be appreciated.

Btw, its broken into 2 segments
Part 1
Part 2
i always forget how crazy his teeth are
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
I was fairly impressed with the first video - he completely disregarded the technical aspects of playing to stress the spirituality of music, and learning through experience in the music world rather than sitting in your room noodling for hours on end. Its kind of interesting to hear guys like him and Sheehan talk person-to-person, because it seems theyve got more musical "soul" than anyone gives them credit for. Id actually consider buying his book
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
See my sig before viewing a interview with Victor Wooten...
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by AmpleSteak
See my sig before viewing a interview with Victor Wooten...

Did you even watch it? He only mentioned technique in passing, and i caught not a trace of ego. The man was just talking about how he views music, in a spiritual sense. Nothing wrong with that.
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
is this even allowed?

I'm pretty sure it's not.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom