Hey, guys!

I'm completely newbie in guitars and stuff so excuse me in for this probably stupid question please

I'm curious how can I get that overdriven high-pitched hum you can hear in 'In The End' song of Linkin Park (well, starting right from the first verse)? I like especially final piece, in the end of the song. Is it just cutoff or may be some skilled usage of feedback? How can I get it live?

Thx in advance, guys
There's guitar in Linkin Park?

It's feedback.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
There's guitar in Linkin Park?

It's feedback.

lol, i like lp, it's actually natural harmonics...
What section are you referring to TS. Can you give us a reference? (I.E: 3:24)
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
+1 to the natural harmonics, they use a bit of mid-scooping for the sound. And old Linkin Park was great, actually, Hybrid Theory and Meteora were really good CDs.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
Haha yeah old LP was awesome. They suck now.

On topic, it's harmonics, that song doesn't have much guitar in it though, more piano and DJing.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab