Hey all

Well now that I have a nice all tube amp it's time to follow suit with my main guitar.I recently switched over to 7 strings, but to my knowledge there is a pretty limited selection for them on the market.I've played some of the higher end Ibanez 7's and they were really nice,but there has to be more out there that I'm not aware of.So based on the following specs can anyone point me towards some other brands that make high quality 7 strings?

-24 frets
-25 1/2" scale at least
-Good trem (Doesn't have to be double locking)
-Good pickups.Preferably passives.
-Thin neck carve
-Body wood isn't a huge issue
-Satin or oil finished neck
-HH or HSH pickup config

By the time I get around to purchasing it I'll have at least 2500 USD to go towards it.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Ibanez:
UV7BK
RG1527 w/upgrades

Schecter:
Loomis
C-7 HR/FR

EBMM:
Possible JP7 model (not sure on exchange rate)

Custom:
KXK
Ran
Sherman (possibly)
Hufschmid

I'm really tired and those are the main options which come to my head

Quote by hmmm_de_hum
Ibanez:
UV7BK
RG1527 w/upgrades

Schecter:
Loomis
C-7 HR/FR

EBMM:
Possible JP7 model (not sure on exchange rate)

Custom:
KXK
Ran
Sherman (possibly)
Hufschmid

I'm really tired and those are the main options which come to my head

Thanks for the suggestions,I'll look into the custom brands you mentioned.I like Schecters but the necks are just too bulky for me,especially on a 7.If I went Ibanez it would most likely be either a UV model or a J Custom 7 string.The Petrucci models kick ass but I found them to be kinda bright sounding,I may have to play test one some more and do some research.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Yeah i forgot about the schecter necks, not my thing either and im used to an 8 string neck at the end of the day. The J customs are good, it might be worth hanging around for a bit to see what new 7 string releases there are at NAMM 09, ESP/LTD are rumoured to have a new Horizon 7 model due.
hmmm, you forgot Carvin.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
hmmm, you forgot Carvin.

I thought about going with them,until I heard that the pickup routes they use are smaller than normal so if you want to replace the pups you have to route the body.I love Carvins but the thought of doing body work on a 1500+ instrument kinda scares me.

Carvin will only put in their own pickups?

No idea what their pups are like, but that seems pretty bad when you're paying so much.
Quote by Pr0gNut
I thought about going with them,until I heard that the pickup routes they use are smaller than normal so if you want to replace the pups you have to route the body.I love Carvins but the thought of doing body work on a 1500+ instrument kinda scares me.

Ask MESAExplorer about it, he has a 7-string Carvin.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Mazzakazza
Carvin will only put in their own pickups?

No idea what their pups are like, but that seems pretty bad when you're paying so much.

from what ive experienced with them people either love them or hate them. I personally love em
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Yeah Carvin routes are only designed for carvin pickups, which from what i've heard can sound somewhat lacking to some people. It wouldn't cost a terrible amount to get a slightly bigger route put on there, but it's just the hassle of it all really.