LoL~ yes it is impossible to get into colleges with anything less than straight A's
You could try taking the SAT again. And what do you mean by lower than 4.0, 3.5? 2.0?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Why yes. Seeing as 4.0 is 100% in my area. but aside from that even if you don't get into college right away, there's always community college. Two years there, and you can pretty much transfer to any school you want.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Is your high school good? What classes did you take? What exactly was your GPA and your SAT score? What colleges do you plan on looking to apply to? So many other questions...

You're being way too general.
mmmk.
Weighted or unweighted?

I got into college with a 3.3 and a ~1660 on the SAT

I also got a 9000 dollar scholarship based on "academic acheivement" which I didnt know a 3.3 warrented 900 dollars but whatever.

Im not going to that school anyway
i got into college with a 2.5 and a 23 on my ACT (most of the colleges in this part of the country rather ACT than SAT for some reason)
Depends what schools you apply to and how you did. I'm assuming you mean a 4.0 unweighted scale because that's the only one I'm familiar with. I know kids who have gotten into community college with a 2.5 GPA and bad SAT scores. I got into some decent schools with a 3.3-3.5 unweighted GPA and a 1220 on the SAT's (excluding the writing section before anyone takes that the wrong way) which really isn't good at all.
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Jan 11, 2009,
you don't need 4.0's to get into college. You can be a B student, and if you get good enough scores on the SAT and have enough money, you're in.
Quote by sithian476
Is your high school good? What classes did you take? What exactly was your GPA and your SAT score? What colleges do you plan on looking to apply to? So many other questions...

You're being way too general.

I basically make Cs and Low Bs in most of my classes. And i havent taken my SATs yet. Im jsut looking into any college.
^^ you can get into a community college if you can find the door basically, i go to one i see people that make me wonder how they figured out how to dress themselves that morning
Quote by RU Experienced?
Depends what schools you apply to and how you did. I'm assuming you mean a 4.0 unweighted scale because that's the only one I'm familiar with. I know kids who have gotten into community college with a 2.5 GPA and bad SAT scores. I got into some decent schools with a 3.3-3.5 unweighted GPA and a 1220 on the SAT's (excluding the writing section before anyone takes that the wrong way) which really isn't good at all.

a 1220 is pretty kickass on SATs i dunno what ure talkin about (excluding the writing setion obviously cause i dont think colleges look at it)

i got a 1160 on mine and ive been told thats quite good. But i have like a 2.3 gpa which sucks.
College really isn't as tough to get into as everyone makes it out to be. A 3.0 will get you into a decent college, but I'm not too sure about SAT scores...being from Michigan, all the schools in the midwest look for ACT scores.

And, as it's been said, community college is always an option. It's much cheaper, too.
Anything above 3.0 and you're pretty golden at just about any state institution, save the really prestigious ones. If after you take your SATs and they don't reflect too well, there's always SAT Optional schools. Mind you, a number of those are technical schools, but a lot, and I mean a lot of small, very good liberal arts colleges are on that list: Bard, Bennington, Hampshire, etc.
Life is lame so let me eat your brain
Quote by heyman77
a 1220 is pretty kickass on SATs i dunno what ure talkin about (excluding the writing setion obviously cause i dont think colleges look at it)

i got a 1160 on mine and ive been told thats quite good. But i have like a 2.3 gpa which sucks.

It's decent, but I wouldn't consider it good per se. My one friend had a 2.4 GPA and got a 2200 on his SAT's. He ended up going to a community college
Quote by XyphR
LoL~ yes it is impossible to get into colleges with anything less than straight A's

He is joking, btw.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

With grammar like yours, community college is the way to go.
But honestly, you will be able to get into college no problem.
Quote by captaincrunk
4.0 on what damng rading scale? 4.0? 6.0? 8.0? 12.0?

4.0 is usually considered a perfect A, as in you have all A's in all your classes.

TS, colleges will usually give you some leeway. Depends on what college you're talking about but most colleges would bring in anybody with a GPA 3.0 i'd say and up.

Quote by GraveSs
I basically make Cs and Low Bs in most of my classes. And i havent taken my SATs yet. Im jsut looking into any college.

Community Colleges should be fine for you and you could probably get into a good few regular Universities if you score high enough on your SAT and ACTs
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Last edited by Pookie6 at Jan 11, 2009,
Quote by Pookie6
4.0 is usually considered a perfect A, as in you have all A's in all your classes.

TS, colleges will usually give you some leeway. Depends on what college you're talking about but most colleges would bring in anybody with a GPA 3.0 i'd say and up.

Community Colleges should be fine for you and you could probably get into a good few regular Universities if you score high enough on your SAT and ACTs

So after community college i can transfer to ANY college?
i had a 2.3 and didn't take the SAT. i went to a technical school, got out and am joining the US Air Force.
Quote by GraveSs

I'm not entirely sure. I would think so if you got good enough grades in the community college. It probably differs from college to college.

Quote by Azwethinkwedo
they let idiots in just because they can play american football, and turn away gifted minds because they cant afford the payments.

god i hate america.

Yeah because that's exactly how it is...
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
they let idiots in just because they can play american football, and turn away gifted minds because they cant afford the payments.

god i hate america.

where do you get your information?

My mind is going. I can feel it.
You can get into a college with terrible grades and test scores, just not one of the better ones
Quote by captaincrunk
people get into college without going too high school

Not people who can't spell, or people who don't know that education is compulsory.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by GraveSs

Usually you can get into your state colleges. For example, I live in Virginia. If I went to community college (don't think I will) then I could go to Virginia Tech or UVA, though I'm not sure about UVA because they have high academic standards.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?