Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a new guitar, I already have a Ibanez JEM 77V which is great for rock distortion and screaming leads, but I'm looking for a warm clean sound, also influenced by blues and jazz, just like a greg howe, david gilmour, andy timmons or even john mayer.
The Ibanez has some shiny clean sound, but lacks the natural compression of a fender stratocaster.

I've been looking at some HSS setting strats, but my question is:

What are the guitar that can give me that clean warm sound (HSS)?

THanks
Quote by grifff
Ibanez Artcore

Already have an ibanez i'm looking for something new. And not so jazzy, it must be applied to rock.
I'd say a strat or maybe an Ibanez SA series would pull it off pretty well.One thing that I've noticed in my quest for warm bluesy tones is that the amp and EQ setting have a lot to do with it.I find myself rolling back the treble and pushing the bass a bit harder,and using the neck pup more than my bridge pup.I then throw in a touch of delay and reverb to add sustain and texture to the overall sound.Another brand worth looking into may be Laguna guitars,since they just came out with a model designed by Greg and I honestly have never seen a bad review about them.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.