I just got a CS Fender Strat that is the Rory Gallager model. I don't know who Rory is but it was CS and cheap so I bought it.

The sales clerk told me he was the best Irish blues guitar player which to me sounds kind of like being the cleanest Iraqi.

I have $1000.00 left to buy an amp so I am thinking about getting a Marshall or maybe a Mesa Boogie.

Thoughts?
Listen to his music. He might just be one of the best blues players of all time.

Who do you want to sound like?

What do you play?
Arent the Rory G relic models like $3000?
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
It was 850.00. It's kind of ugly but it's a Fender CS model. Plus it's a few years old.

I am going to refinish it. I am not into the blues. I am more into r&b or old rock and roll. Nice guitar.

I have a Fender amplifier, a Super Reverb, but need something more modern for some GB gigs I have coming up.
Are you sure you got a Fender CS Rory Gallagher? From the google I did on it, it costs about $3000.

I hate to say this, but pics or it didn't happen.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Last edited by MustangSVT at Jan 12, 2009,
Quote by MustangSVT
Are you sure you got a Fender CS Rory Gallagher? From the google I did on it, it costs about $3000.

I hate to say this, but pics or it didn't happen.

That's what I thought. Maybe someone thought wow there's so many dings and scratches I should lower the price ^^

edit: if it's a Fender Strat you can play it safe by going Marshall - that combo can't produce nothing but sweetness!
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Last edited by bornfidelity at Jan 12, 2009,
rory was an amazing guitarist. He used AC30s so i guess the guitar will be made to suit those amps well.
I'd love to see pics or hear soundclips of it, also why buy a fender CS just cos it's a Fender CS?

Anyway, for amps, what do you play?
We can't say "This amp sounds good with this guitar" cos without knowing what you play, we can't help.
go listen to Rory Gallagher now
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Well, I'd try getting an AC30 and a treble booster or tubescreamer - works with strats very well from my experience and is everything you need for some good ol' rock 'n' roll.

I can't help you much with the booster/tubescreamer, the only ones I know are some boutique ones that are being made around here and most likely aren't available in the US.
I bought it from a store that had it in stock for a long time. If it's so expensive now it must be a different model. I believe mine is a 1997. It hung in the store for a long time.

I have no interest in Rory Gallager. I'm sure he is good and everything but I don't like that style.
Then why did you buy his signature guitar? You realize that you coulda saved yourself some money if you just bought the Strat you wanted in the first place.

The whole point of the artist signature is to be to that artists' liking, the pickups, the finish, etc. If you don't want that, why didn't you just buy a MIA Strat Deluxe or something. The guitar you bought is most likely suited for bluesy stuff with pickups meant for that, and the wood it's made from, yet you don't play that?
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by MustangSVT
Then why did you buy his signature guitar? You realize that you coulda saved yourself some money if you just bought the Strat you wanted in the first place.

The whole point of the artist signature is to be to that artists' liking, the pickups, the finish, etc. If you don't want that, why didn't you just buy a MIA Strat Deluxe or something. The guitar you bought is most likely suited for bluesy stuff with pickups meant for that, and the wood it's made from, yet you don't play that?

Did you even read the goddamn thread?

1) He got it for cheap.
2) He liked the guitar, that's why he got it. Simple, isn't it?
3) It is a strat. It can do blues, but it can do a lot of other styles as well. It's not like the Gallagher signature model has a big fat sticker on it that says: "It is only allowed to play blues on this guitar."

Know knock it off already.
It seemed like a good deal for a Fender CS model guitar. I was looking for a USA Vintage Reissue and for less money I got this.

I have a freind who doesn't like Les Paul's playing and he has a Gibson Les Paul and another freind who doesn't like EC's playing post-Cream but swears by his Lace Sensor EC model.
Quote by Suduko Killer
I bought it from a store that had it in stock for a long time. If it's so expensive now it must be a different model. I believe mine is a 1997. It hung in the store for a long time.

I have no interest in Rory Gallager. I'm sure he is good and everything but I don't like that style.

A '97 huh?
That's quite odd, it was introduced in January 04
Fender recieved the original Rory strat to begin work in 97, so if you have a Rory strat that had been in the store for a long time, that was BOUGHT in 97, someone has access to a functioning time machine, now, any chance tellin' us what you play so we can actually help?
Well, it's an older one. I assumed it was more then 4 years old but maybe I'm wrong. I'm not a RG fan, so I was going with what they said to me in the shop.

I have a Kustom K-200, a Fender Dual Showman and some other amps.
Dude put some pictures up, you seemed to have no problems getting completely proffesional looking pictures of the guitar in your other thread.
“Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.” - Leonard Cohen

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius
what a f***ing waste, (if it's true, which somehow doubt).
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Rory also played RnB and Rock 'n Roll

As for amps: any and all marshall/fender/vox tube amps are sure shot winners for those genres, though they all have a distinctive voice. Have fun trying them out.
You might be interested to know that brian may got his ac30 / treble booster tone from this guy