I've been looking at delay pedals for a while now and I've kind of decided on this pedal but I'm not very sure about the features. Am I able to do harmony delays well on this pedal like Echo Etude by Yngwie Malmsteen. I heard the DD-6 is better for this but I don't feel like forking over another 50 bucks.
any digital delay will work for that
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Ok thanks.
I was just looking at demos and people weren't using it for that and I got thinking maybe this isn't what I want.
depends on the lenth of the harmony and the delay time of the pedal, i think DD3 has around 2/3 seconds delay?? so you could play a line that long then harmonise it. You'll need a pedal with a longer delay time such DD6, I may be wrong but I think Yngwie may be using some sort of reverse delay to give it the more violin sound but I'm not sure
ok I just checked and DD3 only has 800ms of delay which isn't really enough for more complicated harmonies, you could play one note and harmonise it with the next but not whole phrases. I dunno about where you live but the DD7 is only £16 more than a DD3 which is defintely worth it!
Quote by symanoy
ok I just checked and DD3 only has 800ms of delay which isn't really enough for more complicated harmonies, you could play one note and harmonise it with the next but not whole phrases. I dunno about where you live but the DD7 is only £16 more than a DD3 which is defintely worth it!

it sounds like you need a looper more than a delay
but i might be mis understaning you
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by symanoy
depends on the lenth of the harmony and the delay time of the pedal, i think DD3 has around 2/3 seconds delay?? so you could play a line that long then harmonise it. You'll need a pedal with a longer delay time such DD6, I may be wrong but I think Yngwie may be using some sort of reverse delay to give it the more violin sound but I'm not sure

Nahh dude he gets the violin sound by constantly changing the volume with his pinky.
I don't know exactly what I want. I just like that effect. Brian May does some pretty spiffy stuff like that too. I just want a cheap pedal I can mess around with for now.
i've owned the dd-3, it was alright, but the dd-7 just kills it, imo
for everything btw
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE