Page 1 of 3
Whats the best place to see punk shows in New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, and Massachuets? I live in the middle of no where but I love punk. I no bands like the Queers came for Portsmouth. So wheres the best place to see a show?
I believe there are two or three regulars on here from NH, they'll know about this.

If you're looking for places in Massachusetts, Boston has (IMO) one of the best music scenes around.
and what about maine? is there anything in maine, cause if so i havent found it yet
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Brickhouse is where it's at, unfortunately. Dunno what you're into, but from what I've seen everyone is either playing pop-punk music or GG Allin-core.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by BostonLacrosse
and what about maine? is there anything in maine, cause if so i havent found it yet

Geno's in Portland have shows a lot. Usually 21+ though.
brnh.bandcamp.com
There's a house called the Aviary in Dover that apparently holds shows, but I dunno if it's any good (I've never been there)

Jack my swag
bah, im like 4 hours away from portland, well so much for a maine scene :/
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Quote by gopherthegreat
There's a house called the Aviary in Dover that apparently holds shows, but I dunno if it's any good (I've never been there)

Interesting, anyone cool played there?
brnh.bandcamp.com
If you keep your eyes open The Palladium in Worcester, usually does some a few Local Punk/Metal/Indie festivals over the course of the year...
Quote by I_Pwn
Interesting, anyone cool played there?

Jonee Earthquake is all I know of.

Edit: Apparently it's closed. Ah well.

Jack my swag
Last edited by gopherthegreat at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by gopherthegreat
Jonee Earthquake is all I know of.

Edit: Apparently it's closed. Ah well.

Jonee Earthquake would have to be the strangest guy I've ever met. He's ****in' nuts.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Possibly down south, in the manchester/nashua area. I'm from the lakes region (laconia-ish), and I haven't seen much in the way of punk bands around, excepting a few twatty high school pop-punk bands, though it's also not a genre i listen to much. If there were some decent crust bands in the nh area though, i'd be willing to drive some ways to check them out.
Haverhill MA has a punk scene I believe. Also Portsmouth is a good place for any music, very artsy city. A great Jazz trio at the Press Room.
Quote by SKAtastic7770
Also Portsmouth is a good place for any music, very artsy city. A great Jazz trio at the Press Room.

As far as punk goes, there's probably only a couple decent shows a year, and they're always 21+. The press room is a pretty sweet place though.
brnh.bandcamp.com
New Hampshire kinda rules lately. Blockhead album rules. Also, there's a new punk house in Dover called Slaughter House Five, and it's full of the most awesome dudes in the world.
brnh.bandcamp.com
ANy one know anything about Rocco's bar and grille? A friend of mine in his band are playing(awful metal) and they asked us to play. Is it a good place for a ska/punk band to play a decent show?
Quote by Captain Insano
If you keep your eyes open The Palladium in Worcester, usually does some a few Local Punk/Metal/Indie festivals over the course of the year...

DO NOT EVER go to this place. I repeat DO NOT EVER IN YOUR LIFE step foot in the Palladium. It's stupid as **** and there's a really awesome DIY punk scene in Worcester. There's house shows all the time. Sign up for the GO! List (www.wstr.org) to find out more about it. Or e-mail me for contact info there. I used to live there for a bit. Cool ass town.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by RizzoWashburn
I ****ing hate Rocko's. It's where all the local scene kids go to see their shitty hxc bands. The one or two times punk bands have actually played there and I've gone, the people who own the place/work there were total assholes.

I figured as much. We'll proabably play though to a make a couple bucks to buy stuff at TSex's last show ever.
have you guys heard of the cryptics. they are from there. they just released a split 7" with a band from my area, usa waste
Quote by BostonLacrosse

hey, i am from maine! yeah genos in portland(never been there) also check out the station which is also in portland. i haven't been there either but they get decent shows, they had the unseen there once. also if you know about the bangor/brewer area there is a sort of diy scene that plays shows in random halls. i am yet to go to one of those seeing that they're closer than portland, but yeah, check out usa waste http://www.myspace.com/wastekrew
Quote by r-bizzle182
December 20th is going to be absolutely nuts.

My bands playing this show now I guess. I'll be the fat kid that plays bass in Billy Raygun. Introduce yourself.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by I_Pwn
My bands playing this show now I guess. I'll be the fat kid that plays bass in Billy Raygun. Introduce yourself.

Such a sick lineup.
I really hope I can make it out. If I do, I'll definitely say hey.

EDIT: Ah, ****, figures. I just realized the show was this Sunday and I already have other stuff going on. I'm pretty upset about this but it's one of those things you can't cancel out of. Damn, I missed the last Slaughterhouse 5 show, too.
Last edited by r-bizzle182 at Dec 16, 2009,
Quote by I_Pwn

dude you guys are pretty ****ing good. my band added yours on myspace. we should play a show sometime
Quote by ballsyguitar116
dude you guys are pretty ****ing good. my band added yours on myspace. we should play a show sometime

What band are you in/where are you from?
brnh.bandcamp.com
Genuine Rust and Suburban Showdown are probably the best NH punk bands. Genuine Rust is kind of Psychobilly/Hardcore Punk with random death growls that I didn't expect. The Brickhouse is where its all at in the Dover/Portsmouth area; both od those bands have played there. In Manchester there are some venues, mostly Milly's Tavern and Rocko's, but they both suck balls, and usually only host screamo or indie bands. There was even once a screamo/indie band. One of the funniest things I've ever seen.

EDIT: I didn't want to be the first one to self promote, but check my band Deranged Youth (link in my sig). We play a prog- and metal-tinged breed of 80's-style hardcore punk. We're from the Manchester, NH area, trying to get shows. Any advice?
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Last edited by pitobodies at Dec 19, 2009,
It blows my mind that people actually like Suburban Showdown.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by I_Pwn

agreed, not very good......at all.
Speaking of punk scenes, anyone know where's a good place in the UK Manchester?

I'm completely useless with this sort of thing >_>
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by I_Pwn

I like them a lot. The vocals are definitely on the grating side, but they're tolerable, and the music is badass. Simple, but cool.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
There are so many people on here from New Hampshire. Ridiculous.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by SuperBlob
Speaking of punk scenes, anyone know where's a good place in the UK Manchester?

I'm completely useless with this sort of thing >_>

my band is playing a show there in March with Al Baker. I'll let you know the details when it gets worked out.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by I_Pwn
There are so many people on here from New Hampshire. Ridiculous.

Yeah I noticed how incredible that is too. Strange, I guess NH is the just the new most punk place on Earth.
Page 1 of 3