i just got a dean ZX and i dont like the pickups. the guitar only costed me 250$ im wondering if its worth puttin emg's on it?
yes, if you like the rest of the guitar but not the sound change the pups
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
You should know first that EMGs only sound really good when put through a high quality tube amp.

Can we have some background on your other gear, that is: amps, effects, and guitars, as well as how long you've ben playing, and also what style of music you play?

If we know that, we can really help you.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
wel a pair of seymore duncan Pearly GAtes or ALcino pro is the best way to go if you don't have a tube amp... Dimarzio are also good bet
Quote by Øttər
You should know first that EMGs only sound really good when put through a high quality tube amp.

Can we have some background on your other gear, that is: amps, effects, and guitars, as well as how long you've ben playing, and also what style of music you play?

If we know that, we can really help you.

WTF Are you talking about? both the EMG HZs in my MH-300 and the EMG 81/85 in my EC 1000 sound ****ing amazing through my crate GLX212
It all depends on what music he plays, and his amp.

It generally accepted that pickups are for making good tone better, so you should get a good amp first.

OtterEDIT:

You have EMG Hz though that amp, and you think they sound good?

whatever tickles your pickle man...
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
With a pickup swap you can make an $80 1st act guitars from walmart sound better than $1,000 MIA Fender. Pickups can make a huger difference in even the cheapest of guitars. The key is that you find the proper balance between pickups, guitar, and amp. With high output pickups like EMG's you can pretty much eliminate the guitar from the equation and just focuse on amp and pickups. If you have a high quality tube amp and you like the EMG sound then EMG's will probably improve your tone.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by Øttər

You have EMG Hz though that amp, and you think they sound good?

whatever tickles your pickle man...

They sound great compared to many of the guitars I have heard through this amp. They don't sound as good as the 81/85, but they sound better than the garbage that are in my MH100.

Regardless, if you upgrade those pickups to ANY EMG, including the cheapest they have, you will notice a significant improvement.