Hi pit,

Seeing that you're the ones that advised me to use ubuntu , i thought that maybe you could help me with some error messages:

When i try the add/remove thing to get new programs i get this:

Failed to check for installed and available applications

This is a major failure of your software management system. Please check for broken packages with synaptic, check the file permissions and correctness of the file '/etc/apt/sources.list' and reload the software information with: 'sudo apt-get update' and 'sudo apt-get install -f'.

And when i try use the synaptic to check the permissions etc i get this:

E: Type 'v' is not known on line 60 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list
E: The list of sources could not be read.
Go to the repository dialogue to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

Please help me out pit ,i cant install anything

EDIT: by the way , it ****ed up when i was trying to install this: http://www.winehq.org/download/deb maybe that'll show which files i need to repair?
kthxbai.
Last edited by OMGWTFBBQ? at Jan 11, 2009,
Haven't used Linux in a while. so I may be wrong. try sudo apt-get clean. If that doesn't work (Probably won't.) then edit the source list. I think you can do this by doing sudo /etc/apt/sources.list

If it doesn't work i'll pull up an ubuntu guide and copy and paste.
Quote by OMGWTFBBQ?
Hi pit,

Seeing that you're the ones that advised me to use ubuntu, i thought that maybe you could help me with some error messages:

The views expressed in The Pit are solely those of the users giving them and do not necessarily reflect the views of UG as a whole or its affiliates.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Jan 11, 2009,
i would have run it as a virtual machine before i installed it :P
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
I'd remove that repository and key. Did Wine not work before you added this? Then, do some research on what will and won't work with Wine. And post your questions about Ubuntu in the Ubuntu Forums where you'll get good advice from people who make it.