i recently bought a 5 string Musicman Stingray knock off, and i have not put any new strings on it yet. my current strings are lacking a little attitude, for lack of a better word. i want a set of strings that will give me that awesome Stingray tone. more specifically, i am after the tones that Flea, Roger Manganelli (Less Than Jake), and Eric Wilson (Sublime) achieve, and it needs to be available in a 5 string set. i understand there is a bit of variety in those tones and i may be asking for too much, but any help is appreciated.
Last edited by bass7player21 at Jan 11, 2009,
Stingrays come with Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Bass Strings, it comes in a 5 pack. Get's a great Flea tone. I think you might need some flatwounds for an Eric Wilson style tone though, depending on your rig's versatility.
rotos!!
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
i play rotos on a diff bass and i will pick up a 5 string set sometime, although i do not know if they will deliver the chunky musicman tone i am after i am after, its worth a try. plus i can take them off and put 4 of them on my other bass. and thank you stingray5, your name leads me to believe you know what you are talking about. i tried regular slinkies and did not like them, but that was also on my other bass and i still have them kicking around so putting them on can't hurt.