hey i just bought a Washburn Electric Guitar Pack<http://www.amazon.com/LYON-By-Washburn-LX3PAK-Electric/dp/B0008EH5SI>, it came with a 5 watt amp Lyons LA5. The problem is after i tune it up and hook up to the amp and start playing i don't get the same sound as you would expect from tan electric guitar. I have never played an electric guitar and am not sure if its supposed to sound like this. If it helps i get get somone to record me and playing and then post it.
you are probably on a clean sound and are expecting a distorted sound? is there a drive button on your amp that you could turn on?
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
you got distortion on? or does it sound clean. what are youe expecting it to sound like?
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
Your probably playing it clean and are expecting an over-driven sound. I looked up that amp and it says it has a drive switch and a gain control. Turn the drive on and then turn the gain knob up.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
^
That guy's right.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
check your tuning, cause that can play a role in how your amp sounds. also, just screw around with your knobs and presets.

if you were expecting it to sound like a real song that you would listen to, they use way better technology and edit the sound just the way they want it.
Quote by k_quest:
I feel like we are in Nazi Germany in this chat room
The main problem when starting is simply that you can't play the thing - if you can't play properly then it won't sound very good.

However, those cheap little starter amps are never very nice and you can't expect it to sound like amplifiers that are worth 50 times what your Lyon cost.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Chyea, turn the gain all the way up and press the overdrive button or whatever. Also make sure your guitars VOLUME knob is turned all the way up, because if it's only a little way up it takes all the distortion out. (And tone knobs, they make a little difference)
Equipment:
Guitars:
Epiphone Explorer Goth
Squier Stratocaster
Amps:
Peavey Bandit 112 80w
Peavey KB300 130w
Park Marshall 15w
Pedals:
Digitech Whammy IV
Mics:
Beyerdynamic M69TG
Quote by steven seagull
The main problem when starting is simply that you can't play the thing - if you can't play properly then it won't sound very good.

However, those cheap little starter amps are never very nice and you can't expect it to sound like amplifiers that are worth 50 times what your Lyon cost.

+1

also, what all buttons and knobs are on the amp, and what do you have them set to? do you have the volume and tone knobs on your guitar turned up? do you have the guitar set to the bridge pickup?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
sweet, i figured that was the problem. i know when i started (and even for quite a while after i started) i didn't have much of a clue as to what all the knobs and buttons did...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?