Hello all

Well, I've been playing Santana stuff and it seems like his music is filled with bends. Well my index and middle fingers are starting to hurt and my ring finger even has a small blister and my skin comes off my fingers a lot.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? It's funny cause it only happens when I play Santana's work. Maybe my action is too high and forces me to have to push real hard?

Thanks!
PRS SE Custom 24
Albion TCT 35
Focusrite iTrack Solo
its just your fingers geting used to it, if they hurt take a rest though or youl do damage
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
You're not doing anything wrong, it's normal.

My best advice is: Suck it up.

That's what I've been doing, and it's pretty much your best bet.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
adjust your action a little, make it easier on your fingers. but otherwise you're probably not doing anything wrong, its just a matter of getting used to.
Quote by k_quest:
I feel like we are in Nazi Germany in this chat room
yeah, if it gets too painful rest it, but do it every day still.

but thats just what happens when your fingers havent been doing it long enough
Peace , Love , Death Metal

Quote by Super_Duper_Guy
It probably started at $55 but then he thought "You know what? F&*$ them. 1 dollar extra. pwned noobs."
That bastard...
Thanks so far guys
PRS SE Custom 24
Albion TCT 35
Focusrite iTrack Solo
If the tips of your fingers hurt, that's normal, and it will go away.
If your fingers or wrists hurt, there's something wrong.
The first thing you need to do is stop playing when it hurts. Make sure you're warming up before you play. Point the fingers on your left hand towards the ceiling and push them back towards your wrist with your left hand. Then point them at the floor and do the same thing. Shake your hand out to get more blood moving, then play away.