Page 1 of 2
just gonna make this short and i sweet has anyone here ever dropped the guitar pick at a gig i have never but everytime i do gig i get really scared that i might drop my pick
My Gear

Guitars: Jackson DK2t ,
Amp: peavey valvking royal 8 - 5 watt combo
Effects: Zoom g2.1u , Line 6 pod xt
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo

just have one of those handy

lol nice one
My Gear

Guitars: Jackson DK2t ,
Amp: peavey valvking royal 8 - 5 watt combo
Effects: Zoom g2.1u , Line 6 pod xt
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo

just have one of those handy

I was going to post the same thing. :P

Best 7 dollars I've ever spent.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by echo_4190
I was going to post the same thing. :P

Best 7 dollars I've ever spent.

+1, That's what I use.
Yes. And it fell right into the middle of the wire clusterfuck that is my pedalboard.

Then I just started putting a handful in my pocket all the time.
hah yea i did this the first time i was performing in front of a crowd to make things worse, i was singing and playing so i couldnt just reach down and grab it

long story short...epic fail lol

carry extras!
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Hummingbird
Yamaha CG-101
Peavey Classic 30
Yes I have, I've got one of those pick holders too so it wasn't too bad. Although before we went on our other guitarist said "I know I'm going to drop my pick". He didn't, I did.
I've lost it before i went on, and asked the crowd for one...
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

The only time when I have ever dropped a pick when it was the least bit important was during jazz band practice and I just finger picked anyway.
I just put one in my pocket, or put it under/between the tone knobs. I would like one of those mic pick holder things tho
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
If im playing the strat, ill stick a few under the pickguard. With the LP, ill just stick one or two up on the headsock kerry king style.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I put a big piece of tape across the back of my head (on the guitar, not my head) and have 2 or 3 stuck underneath. I also keep one in my pocket.

I've never actually dropped one. But I have lost one between songs changing the settings on my amp. And one time I almost forget to bring one on stage in the first place.
i almost always do...but i usually keep a couple on my amp, and i learned to play everything with my fingers in case of emergency
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
You could always mount one of those pick holder things on the bottom of your headstock if you have an inline tuner head
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I have a strip of tape sticky side out on the top side of my guitar with about 7 picks stuck to it. Sometimes I use poster putty instead. If i drop one then I can grab another mid strum. TBH I drop them more often at practice. I think out of probably 100 shows I have dropped a pick once...and i broke a string at the same time (the only string i've ever broken at a show too)
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
you can do the mic stand thing with a piece of duct tape- just tape the very tip of the picks on and they pull right off-- 5 bucks for 500 uses
No, but I drop my pick quite a bit while warming up or practicing.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
i've used the double-sided tape thing, but only after i had dropped a few picks during shows before. now i keep 3 or 4 spares on top of my amp. i've snapped a fender thin before, and actually had one tear halfway through and get stuck on my strings once...that sucked
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
I have before

but luckily im a bassist and i just built it onto it and started fingering

=]

EPIC---luck
all the time, i strum so hard that i rip my fingers open and bleed all over my pick and guitars and the blood makes picks quite slippery lol
i just put a piece of electrical tape on my guitar and put about 4 picks underneath
problem solved ^_^
Quote by The Leader
You know what they found in Jeffrey Dahmers freezer?
...Ben and Jerry (ba dum bum psh)

Quote by ninemonthmedia
if there was a metal jail, Metallica would be Pantera’s bitch

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
I've always had terrible pick issues. Due to the way I play, the string gauge I use, and the pick material I prefer I can completely wear out a pick in two songs sometimes. As such I don't gig without a couple dozen picks laying around. I don't worry too much if I drop one as I can finger pick well enough. It's an issue if I drop it before a solo in a song, but I can usually wing it by playing an octave lower using the thumb and middle finger...if I don't have an opportunity to pick up another before I get there.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
nopee but the crown doesnt notice much if you stop playin for a sec to get a pick...so just put it nearby...if you have to crawl for it then ull look like a dumbass haha
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
I haven't dropped one at a gig. Part of the reason why I use V-Picks, they're really hard to drop.

But I always keep a backup in the pocket on my strap, and I have plenty in my pocket/wallet/on top of the amp all the time.

Long story short, never be without picks!
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
lay them all over they place...Hey how about kicking out a cable, LOL!!!!
All the time. But if it happens, I act like I'm holding the pick in my hand, which makes my index finger stick out a little bit. I use the top of my nail to strum (I'll never, ever, grow my nail out like some classical players. *shudders*), and either my thumb or index finger to play solos if I don't have time to grab one out me pocket.

Did it last practice, even had to play the Sin City solo without it. No one noticed
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Jan 12, 2009,
just don't be a pussy. Hold onto the damn thing.

just kidding. I put some spares on top of my amp just incase, but I never use them. I use the dunlop nylons live and it is pretty hard to drop them.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Page 1 of 2