Hi
Im currently looking into buying a new guitar.
Im looking for a guitar that plays and looks METAL! \m/
Shapes such as Bc Rich and shiz.
I have a budget of around £250 ish.
Ive been looking at:
-BC Rich SOB
-Various other Bc Riches
-Jackson Warrior
-ESP Ltd Ex-50
-Dean ML's
-ESP Ax260

Another problem is I currently have a custom made Rhoades guitar and its pretty much f***ked with the floyd and stuff, so ive never been able to play it properly and when I played with it before the floyd went bad, it doesnt feel right, i cant get high on the frets and it feels weird.

Any other suggestions of guitars?
Thx in advance
Quote by XGhacker
1) OMG THE LEAD SINGER OF IRON MAIDEN RAPES HIS SON!!!
Bruce Dick-in-son
I suspect from your post that you're getting a little too hung up on the looks of the guitar.

BC Rich guitars are awful and cheaper Dean guitars are the same. In fact, broadly the same is said to be true of ESP, though I have less experience of those. If you want a decent Metal guitar your first stop should be Ibanez or Jackson. I'd look at either an Ibanez RG370DX (£312); a Peavey Rotor EX with Floyd Rose (£169) or a Cort X-6 (£225). If you really need more choices with a daft shape then perhaps look at an Epiphone Explorer Gothic (£259) or a Cort VX-2V (£332)
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
I can sell you my Jackson Rhoades for £300 + shipping from sweden
Quote by Doadman
I suspect from your post that you're getting a little too hung up on the looks of the guitar.

BC Rich guitars are awful and cheaper Dean guitars are the same. In fact, broadly the same is said to be true of ESP, though I have less experience of those. If you want a decent Metal guitar your first stop should be Ibanez or Jackson. I'd look at either an Ibanez RG370DX (£312); a Peavey Rotor EX with Floyd Rose (£169) or a Cort X-6 (£225). If you really need more choices with a daft shape then perhaps look at an Epiphone Explorer Gothic (£259) or a Cort VX-2V (£332)

True dat. If nothing else I think the AX-260 would be good too.
If you have to have a stereotype for metal guitars, let it be that they have to me mahogany, not the shape.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by Doadman

Im not that hung up, I really want a metal shaped guitar if you get me =/
I have yamaha erg (basic srat shape) I just want a shape so it will look the part
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
Any of the guitars I suggested are very good. I play an Ibanez RG myself and they're superb for Metal with very fast necks though at that price it would be basswood rather than mahogany. The Peavey Rotor has a chunkier neck but it's one hell of a lot of guitar for the money and a huge slab of mahogany. The Cort X-6 I played because a student of mine bought one after I suggested it and it's really excellent value. Cort make guitars for Ibanex amongst others so the dimensions of the X-6 are remarkably similar to an Ibanez RG. Again, this is a stunning amount of guitar for the money.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by Doadman
Any of the guitars I suggested are very good. I play an Ibanez RG myself and they're superb for Metal with very fast necks though at that price it would be basswood rather than mahogany. The Peavey Rotor has a chunkier neck but it's one hell of a lot of guitar for the money and a huge slab of mahogany. The Cort X-6 I played because a student of mine bought one after I suggested it and it's really excellent value. Cort make guitars for Ibanex amongst others so the dimensions of the X-6 are remarkably similar to an Ibanez RG. Again, this is a stunning amount of guitar for the money.

Thc for the advice man
But i was checking out those Washburn D200 Pro E's
they are sooo f***king awesome!!
Emg's 81 n 85
Its made for metal
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
Quote by SY22
I can sell you my Jackson Rhoades for £300 + shipping from sweden

No thx man, im good and after diff shape
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
Quote by Horny-Egg
Thc for the advice man
But i was checking out those Washburn D200 Pro E's
they are sooo f***king awesome!!
Emg's 81 n 85
Its made for metal

I'd get that if I were you, good pups for metal, gd shape for metal.
Awesome price for metal.

Not only that but just because a Washburn is cheap, doesn't mean they skimp on anything. You'll also get a buzz feiten tuning system and grover tuners in there as well.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by Pac_man0123
Dude.. before you spend more money on another guitar, take that Rhoads to a tech and have them set it up so it plays well.

I dotn think you quite got it man (no offense or anything)
But its the shape and style of rhoades i built myself using a sh*tty floyd and plywood.
Basically its crap but could have potential =/
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
Quote by Gregoric
I'd get that if I were you, good pups for metal, gd shape for metal.
Awesome price for metal.

Not only that but just because a Washburn is cheap, doesn't mean they skimp on anything. You'll also get a buzz feiten tuning system and grover tuners in there as well.

So you think its pretty damn good then? :P
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
Quote by Horny-Egg
But its the shape and style of rhoades i built myself using a sh*tty floyd and plywood.

So sell it and buy a Jackson Dinky.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by necrosis1193
So sell it and buy a Jackson Dinky.

haha, what would you pay for a ****ty home built guitar like that? XD
And i do love dinky's they are not the metal shape but im gonna be gettin one soon to replace my yamaha from a friend
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
Quote by Horny-Egg

Oh haha i thought u meant it was a real jackson rhoads with a bad setup or something.

What amp do you have?
Quote by Pac_man0123
Oh haha i thought u meant it was a real jackson rhoads with a bad setup or something.

What amp do you have?

Atm Mg50DFX!
But another kind friend may let me have his vk100
Or i could get a bugera 6260 half price.
Choices choices choices
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
Like said above, don't go for BC Rich or Dean, you shouldn't shop purely on how "Metal" it looks.

I suggest Ibanez, they make excellent guitars for metal. Because you want an obnoxious shape, might I suggest an Ibanez Iceman?
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
i found that my esp ltd gl-600v cost me about £50 pounds more but it plays well enough for me to gig without backup or anything so you could do that and i personally think it looks a little metal
Mmmm they seem nice guitars ibanez but this washburn d200.
I have my eyes set on it, still not sure.
The esp ltd is another good guitar doesnt look tht metal.
Like i say I want a metal looking guitar and then ill have a good guitar
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son