do things you order online like guitars and amps do they usually get damaged?
well, usually they are packaged well, but sometimes if you're unlucky they can get damaged in shipping.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Meh, I never buy stuff from stores except stuff you cant really get online. I just got my rockerverb 50 in the mail the other day, not a scratch on it, perfectly packaged. Just ordered the orange 412 too, so hopefully the same thing happens.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I have ordered one amp, 2 guitars, and a Pox x3 pro. All were from american musical supply and they were packaged very well. The actual box of the item was inside another box. And each physical box, for the amp, pod and guitars were untouched, undented and flawless. So I feel very comfortable ordering online and I do it from AMS whenever possible.
not usually. you're unlucky if it is damaged, but it can happen, as blompcube says.

also, make sure you buy from a store which will accept all the risk in the unlikely event that it is damaged- you want to be buying from a store which will immediately either refund your money or send you a replacement if it is damaged in the post.

bear in mind that there's a lot of argument about whether you should buy from a local store or whether you should buy online (guitars even of the same model can feel and sound slightly different etc.)- suffice to say there are arguments for either, and it really depends on what your personal situation is...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 11, 2009,