Okay, so I've got a zoom g7.1ut (<-- clicky) with a MIDI out and a MIDI in.
I have also got a casio keyboard (only cost about £40) with a MIDI in and out too.

So my first question is, if I connected the MIDI connections between my fx and my keyboard, what could I achieve?
(and keep explanations simple, I'm still a bit of a n00b at these sort of things!!! Oh, and I dont have a MIDI interface for my computer).

My second question is not related to MIDI. What I want to know is can I run my keyboard's line out into the AUX in of my zoom fx? And can I run a mic in there as well (not at the same time as the keyboard)? and hear it through my amp.

Any responses are welcome, if you need any more information just ask.

Thanks

EDIT: her's what zoom said about the MIDI...

The ability to exchange MIDI data with other devices opens up a wealth of possibilities. You can switch patches in conjunction with a MIDI enabled preamp, or use the unit as a real-time controller for other MIDI equipment. By connecting the MIDI interface to a computer, you may use a dedicated editor/librarian application to edit and store patch data.

...and about AUX in

The playback signal from external sources can be plugged-into the AUX input. Jam along with a rhythm machine, external CD or mp3 player. You may also utilize the connectors as a stereo line input to record audio into your computer via the USB interface.

I'm just not sure about what any of this means.
Last edited by TheSecondRaid at Jan 11, 2009,
I just got a zoom 10 track. Do you know if its possible to record a song using guitar and then use the drum pads after or do you have to make the drum beat first and then add guitar? thanks btw
Quote by guiTardif123
I just got a zoom 10 track. Do you know if its possible to record a song using guitar and then use the drum pads after or do you have to make the drum beat first and then add guitar? thanks btw

Sorry I can't help, but i only use cubase to layer tracks over a drumbeat (though they're only made with the computer as I can't afford to record drums!!). I've never had any experience with track machines.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I would ask in the Riffs and Recordings forum

This has nothing to do with recording. It's a question about my guitar effects, with, I think qualifies as GEAR and ACCESSORIES.

btw, sorry to bump but I just got my internet back working... a whole 20 hours without ug