Hey guys, my first time posting on these forums.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a nice guitar for shred metal. I own a Schecter and love it, and have played a few Ibanez's and love them.

I'm not really sure what I'm looking for yet. I like neoclassical metal, progressive metal, folk metal. Music I listen to includes Yngiwe Malmsteen, Dragonforce, Turisas, Dream Theater, Satriani, Paul Gilbert. Basically a bunch of Ibanez's. And although I love Yngwie, I'm not too interested in buying a Fender.

I can't really afford to buy any of their signature guitars. My budget is around $600-800 USD. So what are some recommendations?

Thanks a lot.
Well you should probably get a hardtail as most of the ibanez with trems in that range have edge 3, I think only the prestige have edge pro right now. Nothing against edge 3 im just always paranoid that it will go out ha ha.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
ibanez RGs are pretty good guitars, just that their stock pickups suck. But a pickup change can really make great guitars.
dont restrict yourself to ibanez.
look at ESP, Jackson etc
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Wait for them to go on sale. I got a RG2550Z for 800 (originally 1000) from Musicians friend. But lethal is rite, get something with the Edge Pro, Zero, or ZR.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Wait for them to go on sale. I got a RG2550Z for 800 (originally 1000) from Musicians friend. But lethal is rite, get something with the Edge Pro, Zero, or ZR.

Yeah unless you are a rare trem user like me, which is kinda funny since I bought a guitar with one. Ive personally got my eye on that new prestige or a jackson DK2 Dinky, theyve got em scratch and dent on musicians friend for $412 or something like that.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Thanks guys, I didn't expect replies this fast. And actually although just about every musician I named above uses a trem, I'm really not that interested in them. I bought some cheap full floating trem guitar a while back and didn't care for it too much. Maybe it was because it was a piece of junk.

Thanks for the help. I'll make sure to look into other brands like Jackson too.
Quote by YngwieLi
Thanks guys, I didn't expect replies this fast. And actually although just about every musician I named above uses a trem, I'm really not that interested in them. I bought some cheap full floating trem guitar a while back and didn't care for it too much. Maybe it was because it was a piece of junk.

Thanks for the help. I'll make sure to look into other brands like Jackson too.

Yeah ive heard great things about the jackson LFR trems I have no clue why ibanez decided to use Edge 3 on all their guitars besides the prestige, I know the new all blue one has edge pro but its like $1200
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Jackson DK2?
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Yeah ive heard great things about the jackson LFR trems I have no clue why ibanez decided to use Edge 3 on all their guitars besides the prestige, I know the new all blue one has edge pro but its like $1200

I haven't head much about the Edge 3. What's wrong with it?

Thanks for the suggestion Jaffawoman. The Jackson DK2 looks like a nice one. I'll make sure to get around to a few guitar shops and try that one out.
Quote by YngwieLi
I haven't head much about the Edge 3. What's wrong with it?

Thanks for the suggestion Jaffawoman. The Jackson DK2 looks like a nice one. I'll make sure to get around to a few guitar shops and try that one out.

Well basically some people are having issues with the reliability of the system, I havent had an issues yet *knock on wood* as I keep mine well maintained and rarely ever use it.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
ibanez rg1570?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
go try a washburn, rarely reccomended, but awesome. If you like Schecter, why not wait until they unvail their new models. Isn't it only like 5 days away? They may come out with something you want or certain older models get discontinued and go on sale.