i just had a floyd installed and it KICKS ASS! the one thing that bothers me is the tremolo arm is loose i want it to stay in place and not move. how can i do this?
depends does it slide in or screw in, if it slides in theres nothing you can do.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
you should be able to twist it in, if its a floyd rose that big bulbus part at the bottom that connects the bar to the tailpiece is what you should tighten, i think that will do what you want, if its like a fender style one, just twist it in till its tight, i have a floyd as well, but i have yet to toy with it as it didnt come with an arm, and they're out of stock of the pro line one
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Last edited by F8iscruel at Jan 11, 2009,
You have a new Floyd that screws onto the bridge and not into it correct? has a collar on the bar? Just tighten that collar more. Also, what it could be is the actually hole you put the trem arm into could be loose also. Take the proper size allen key (I think its the same that you tighten the nut bolts with) and from the back of the guitar you can tighten it there. No need to over tighten, thumb pressure is enough. Same goes for tightening the string in the saddle and tightening the nut. No need to crank on it. Personally I like my trem arm to dangle like a head arm
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Last edited by DSOTM80 at Jan 11, 2009,
pics?
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by SHRED.
thanks dsotm80 you were right on.

No problem. So which was it? You needed to tighten it from the back with the allen key huh? It happens, gets loose sometimes. Might need to do it again in the future but no big deal.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst