I was thinking of getting an sg and installing a floyd rose. Ive never seen an sg with a floyd rose and i was wondering if its even possible to put one in. And do any esp vipers come with floyd roses?
im pretty sure only bigsby's fit, because of the way the bridge/body is.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Well is it possible yes but is it gonna be expensive you bet your ass it will be, Its gonna require routing of the back of the guitar at least to accomadate the springs and spring claw and if you want full floating the front needs to be routed out as well. You then need to pay for the actual trem which if you want an OFR its gonna be around $200 just for that.

In Short: It would be cheaper just to get a jackson or an ibanez with the trem in it already.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Jan 11, 2009,
You can get a stetsbar without any modification. Putting an OFR in an SG would be expensive if it could be done (body is very thin)
You can put one on but you'll have to have some routing done. It'll be a bit pricey.
Slightly off topic- wouldnt this look awsome
Gibson sg with a kramer neck (big bananna shapend one lol), floyd rose, and emg pickups
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
Dont Agile do an SG based guitar with a floyd?

I just checked their site and none of them have a floyd. You could always e-mail kurt about making one but that might take a bit longer than you can wait.
The only SG I've played was kinda thin (SG Faded). I don't know if it would be thick enough to house a Floyd
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Ah i swear ive seen one floating about, must of been custom or something. The Agile custom shop, when its open, should be able to help you out with that then.
please search, in my short life here i have seen ATLEAST 5 threads on this.

anyways, your options would have to be something like a bigsby. On a gibson style SG the body is too thin.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
please search, in my short life here i have seen ATLEAST 5 threads on this.

anyways, your options would have to be something like a bigsby. On a gibson style SG the body is too thin.

My god...

5 threads about putting a floyd on an SG in 2 months!

You poor child!

Since TS wants a floyd, i doubt a Bigsby would be a good stand-in.
Quote by Pac_man0123
My god...

5 threads about putting a floyd on an SG in 2 months!

You poor child!

Since TS wants a floyd, i doubt a Bigsby would be a good stand-in.

well ****-a-doodle-do to you smartass.

im saying he could have saved alot of trouble and searched and already have his answer.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
TS if your really thinking about putting a floyd on a SG, imo they will be really pointless. They just are not really meant for them
Quote by Pac_man0123
I just checked their site and none of them have a floyd. You could always e-mail kurt about making one but that might take a bit longer than you can wait.

That one guy in the SG Thread has one with a Floyd Rose.
If you don't need Gibson on the headstock, you should check out Travis Miguel's sig LTD viper.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
That one guy in the SG Thread has one with a Floyd Rose.

Hm.. they must have made one before. They cycle a lot of models for a bit i guess. Get a new one, sell it for a while, and then stop selling it.

this one is the older model, which is gold, and the new ones are black

set neck
satin finish
OFR
EMG actives with Afterburner
and it doesnt have the dudes name plastered all over the guitar

in the US you could probably find the gold one sortof new for like 700, the new ones are like 900 i believe
Quote by JELIFISH19
You can get a stetsbar without any modification. Putting an OFR in an SG would be expensive if it could be done (body is very thin)
Quote by JELIFISH19
A bigsby only does subtle vibrato and you need to modify your guitar for it.
I really recommend you look at the stetsbar
http://stetsbar.com/

For the love of god, NO.

The only people who recommend Stetsbars are people who have never actually used one.

I've got one sitting on my Epi right now and Jesus H. Christ it's awful. Tuning's awful, sustain has been murdered, it snaps strings like crazy - even the titanium-coated EBs - it's got sod-all range, it's even more of a pain to set up than a Floyd Rose... in short, **** the Stetsbar.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I thought an SG with a Floyd would look kinda goofy, but that ESP actually looks natural with one in it.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
there are only 2 or 3 ive ever seen.

heres one i just found. you can see the bar below his hand. AND ITS A LEFTY!!! :O

http://www.gibson.com/Files/aaFeaturesImages2008/Tony-Iommi_3.jpg

EDIT: heres a goo view of one

http://www.geocities.jp/eiomi/ggazo/sg90.jpg
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Last edited by f22master at Jan 11, 2009,