http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/NoNoiseControl/ sign it please - its a petition to stop the government introducing more noise control laws PASTE TO ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS.

Basically if this goes through, every music venue will have a device fitted where the power is cut if music gets too loud. Apparently the level they cut off at is very low.
people have already been banned today for posting this.

also, why does your live music have to be very loud?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Good to see you've researched it then. With such intricate details I can't help but involuntarily sign the petition!
Quote by StonaLemons
Signed. Another stupid law theyre trying to pass under our noses eh?

at what level does it cut you off at?

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Fur Teh T00b Toan Gudnes Duh!
/tone-chaser
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Really? I wasn't aware of that, sorry.
If anyone can tell me the limit, I'll consider signing.

until then it's a blind petition that you're signing because the guy starting the petition is good at scaremongering.

Quote by element4433
already signed it

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by Lemoninfluence
at what level does it cut you off at?

Quite low to be fair. Student without a TV when im used to watching the news on tv... i sometimes check bbc news site but im sure a lot goes under my nose
edit: Thought you ment how these things went under my nose... or something... urgh im tired.

Anyway all the music venues i know of aren't located near enough residential areas to cause a problem... so if this law is supposed to be affected these kind of venues then i think its kind of rediculious.

editedit: And the petition is on downing street website so that has to count for something doesnt it? I thought they reviewed petitions going in... ive heard of people having their petitions rejected, so there must be some sort of law going through the system to allow a petition to go up against it surely? Maybe im just being naive.
Last edited by StonaLemons at Jan 11, 2009,
Quote by Lemoninfluence
If anyone can tell me the limit, I'll consider signing.

until then it's a blind petition that you're signing because the guy starting the petition is good at scaremongering.

I have heard it is quite low, I couldn't tell you the exact volume, but signing it couldn't do any harm could it?
Quote by StonaLemons
Anyway all the music venues i know of aren't located near enough residential areas to cause a problem... so if this law is supposed to be affected these kind of venues then i think its kind of rediculious.

editedit: And the petition is on downing street website so that has to count for something doesnt it? I thought they reviewed petitions going in... ive heard of people having their petitions rejected, so there must be some sort of law going through the system to allow a petition to go up against it surely? Maybe im just being naive.

and what? it doesn't give you the details of anything.

you've just signed a petition saying that you don't support a law that you know nothing about.

Quote by david_safc
I have heard it is quite low, I couldn't tell you the exact volume, but signing it couldn't do any harm could it?

tell that to people who live by music venues who can't get to sleep.
what if they nod off when driving along the motorway to work the next day and cause a 5 car pileup?

sure that's an unlikely scenario but petitioning against things you don't know about is just retarded.

Quote by element4433
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Jan 11, 2009,
Quote by Lemoninfluence

you've just signed a petition saying that you don't support a law that you know nothing about.

My last post made little sense but oh well. Theres already sound laws in place which are reasonable, i know that much - and so a new law coming through is likely asking for lower sound levels which i believe isnt needed.

edit:

Quote by Lemoninfluence
what if they nod off when driving along the motorway to work the next day and cause a 5 car pileup?

sure that's an unlikely scenario but petitioning against things you don't know about is just retarded.

Firstly ive never seen a proper live venue close enough to residential homes to be in earshot as far as i can remember.

And secondly surely you'd get used to the noise. Living in my student accomodation theres often people coming back from clubs and stuff often being noisy, sometimes having sing alongs and stuff, or there will be people having a party upstairs or something like that, and at first it disturbed my sleep but i quickly got used to it and now i sleep like a baby...

Whilst i was a bit overzealous to sign it so quickly you're being a bit overzealous in being against fighting it...
Last edited by StonaLemons at Jan 11, 2009,
Quote by StonaLemons
My last post made little sense but oh well. Theres already sound laws in place which are reasonable, i know that much - and so a new law coming through is likely asking for lower sound levels which i believe isnt needed.

as far as I can tell from that petition (I haven't researched it myself, but I'm not the one supporting/objecting to it) people will just have to have an auto cutoff device installed.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Its not like music is going to be any louder than it has been for the last however-many-years if this doesn't get passed. They've managed to cope with the sound up to now.
its an 8 on a marshall stack before its considered dangerously loud. it's fairly high. some dudes came around college and made everyone wear earplugs when we are using these amps. health and safety nanny state n00bs
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Quote by david_safc
Its not like music is going to be any louder than it has been for the last however-many-years if this doesn't get passed. They've managed to cope with the sound up to now.

for all you know the volume limit is raised because they now have a way of ensuring that the limit isn't breached.

you know nothing of what you're voting against yet you blindly signed it because the person who created the petition worded it a certain way.

I really can't believe how easily manipulated some people are.

Quote by element4433
Pfft it's the potential noise limiters on F1 cars you want to worry about. 135db = epic win. I want it so loud I nearly cry as they go past.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I'm not being manipulated at all. I just don't see the need to reduce volumes at music venues. I have spoke to a good friend who has one of these at a local venue and he says they cut off at a low volume. I trust his judgment.
Last edited by david_safc at Jan 11, 2009,
How many dbs are allowed?
"low" is stupid.

I listen to music at a ridicously low volume and my friends listen to music at really high volumes and we each have our own "normal".
"Low" is retarded.
, lol @ the dip****s signing this while not knowing what the cut off point is.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by david_safc
I'm not being manipulated at all. I just don't see the need to reduce volumes at music venues. I have spoke to a good friend who has one of these and he says they cut off at a low volume. I trust his judgment.

you do realise that it's possible that the difference is purely psychological?

and what if his previous volumes were unsafe? would you like to be indirectly responsible for damaging people's hearing?

the point is you're objecting without any knowledge.

Quote by element4433